free website stats program Hello Again - Back on HD! | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello Again - Back on HD!

Firenailer

Hey everyone,

I was here a few years ago when I had a SuperGlide. I picked up a '16 RoadKing a couple of weeks ago and am looking forward to hearing about some of the mods you guys have made that have worked for you!

I'm back on HD and am loving the ride on this RoadKing!

Welcome to the forum...again. I have a 14 RK and am loving it. After waaayyyyy too many dips into the wallet, got it where I want it. My latest and last big mod was installing Wild 1 12.5" apes. Man what a difference in ride comfort. Enjoy the new bike and many future projects to come. :)

I have a 2016 RK also and have put on fork deflectors and a freedomshields windshield for now more to come later. ENJOY!

Thanks for the Welcome! So far I've added those Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors and they made an amazing difference. It's completely calm in the pocket now, way better than I ever would have expected!

Next up is an 18" Recurve Windshield from Long Ride Shields that a friend recommended. They were having a 70% off Sale for Christmas so the shield only cost $87. I had to try it for that!

The Dealer added the 4 Point Locking System to it so after the Shield I'll be adding a Rack and Short Backrest Combo to strap a bag to.

I'm thinking that's about all I'll do until I get a feel for this new RoadKing and what I want to change for my own comfort.

So far I'm blown away by just how much of an improvement this bike is over the SuperGlide I used to have, what an amazing machine, I love riding this RK!

Can anyone tell me why I'm having trouble posting to this site from my iPad? The only way I can get my posts up is to fire up my laptop. Each time I try the iPad the post just disappears and doesn't register.

Thanks again everyone, there's just something so cool about rumbling along on a big Harley. Kind of like Cruising in an old Cadillac! I'm having fun again.

Back