free website stats program Heel Shifter Fell Off | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel Shifter Fell Off

oldgeezer

My heel shifter fell off my bike today. I have read of others that have had this problem and they said their dealer warranted it for them. My dealer says this is not a warrantee and they will be glad to install me another at my expense. Should I just pay it and go on, or hang in there and demand warrantee?

My heel shifter fell off my bike today. I have read of others that have had this problem and they said their dealer warranted it for them. My dealer says this is not a warrantee and they will be glad to install me another at my expense. Should I just pay it and go on, or hang in there and demand warrantee?

Quite honestly, they may even have customer takeoffs in the back room, as there are some new riders who do not like'em and have them removed. Like the others said, "INSIST...they do the right thing..." customer DIS-SERVICE is something MOCO or HD dealer reputation can ill afford in these economic hard times. :newsmile107:

Tell them it's going to cost them a customer if they don't replace it. The setup should have checked for the loose shifter.

I have to wonder why it fell off. I had a buddy who used his rear shifter and actually stripped the teeth off the thing stomping it so hard.

I think it's unfair to automatically presume the dealer should replace it. JMHO And no I do not work for HD.

As for me, the rear shifter was the first thing I removed from my bike. I now have that nice little chrome cover, over the outside knurls.

:USA

I have to wonder why it fell off. I had a buddy who used his rear shifter and actually stripped the teeth off the thing stomping it so hard.

I think it's unfair to automatically presume the dealer should replace it. JMHO And no I do not work for HD.

As for me, the rear shifter was the first thing I removed from my bike. I now have that nice little chrome cover, over the outside knurls.

:USA

I removed mine to .. they fall off when the screw falls out from not being tightened

Id demand they make good on this.A brand new bike should not have pieces falling off.Yes I know Harleys need attention but what would Ford say if the mirror fell off your new F150?

Same thing happened to me and after dealer saying maybe I was to hard on it they ordered another one it was problem with shifter

Back