free website stats program Heel and toe shifter | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel and toe shifter

vietvet1usmc

How do I lower a heel and toe shifter on a Heritage Classic, 03 Anniversary model?

Thanks,

Charlie:newsmile011::newsmile011:

It is on a spline shaft. Just remove the retaining bolt, slide the levers off the spline shaft and and reinstall in the position you want. Make sure to put some blue loctite back on the retaining bolt when reinstalling it and torque to specs.

You can also take the front bolt out of the shifter linkage rod and either lengthen or shorten it to slightly change the angle of the levers (i.e. raising the rear (heel) while lowering the front (toe) or vice-versa.

How low can it go? Is there a stop to stop it?

I would set it where you want it, snug it down without loctite on the bolts and ride it to ensure the shifters don't hit the floorboards and the bike shifts properly. Then, after everything is where you want it, remove the bolts and apply the loctite. There are no keyed splines or limits to the angle you have them adjusted.

It might be a bit late now but you can flip the toe shifter around and have more space to set your boots and with the HarleyGoodies floorboard extentions I can now place my size 12 boot comfortably and flat on the floorboard and not scar up the toe of the boot rubbing the bottom of the toe shifter.

ToeShifter.jpg

Back