free website stats program Heavy Breather | Harley Davidson Forums

Heavy Breather

kgneely

I'm thinking about getting a 2009 Road Glide and adding the SE Heavy
Breather and V&H Ovals at the time of purchase. I've been told by a couple of dealers that the Heavy Breather will require A Race Tuner and Dyno tune. (More $$$$)... A couple of other dealers suggest a Race Tuner only. Another dealer suggests that they do a "103" download only. I'm confused as to who to believe. Any info would be appreciated. Ride safe!!

super tuner has a map for that set up, hi flo and exhaust is a very common map for any bike, there shouldnt be any need for dyno time as they will have done it plenty of times. the stage 1 tourer map with sest/sert is pretty good.

Google DobeckPerformance.com. Check out the info they provide for the TFI. Good info
Also FuelMoto Has a good selection and alot of info on power commander and pipes.

I installed the Heavey Breather and Eagle Beak Rineharts on my 09 Street Glide. It did not require a race tuner. The bike ran great and sounded much better than stock. The tuner did not come into play until I had a 103" Big strocker kit w/ cams installed. Dealers will try to sell you everything under the sun and then charge all they can for service/labor.

Thanks for info guys. Guess my first option is to find a different dealer than the one I've been working with......

Does not require a race tuner. Were are these dealer that talk like that. never heard of such a thing requires a race tuner for anything?
If your doing stage one add some fuel weather you use a TFI, PC or any other band your call. The dealer download will do but not gain as all it does is bring you back to stocj air to fuel.

Isn't the Race Tuner the functional equivalent of a TFI, Power Commander, etc.? If so, what the dealer is saying is that you need something to change the FI map. That is a true statement. The question of the dyno tune is just whether or not you want to get the last little bit of performance out of your bike. A map close to your configuration gets you most of the way there.

I know it's fun to beat up on dealers; but, let's be objective about our responses.

JMHO

Back