free website stats program Heavy breather vs SE with K&N | Harley Davidson Forums

Heavy breather vs SE with K&N

67wizard

What is the difference between the SE Heavy Breather or SE with K&N air filter? Will one help with more power than the other, or are they about the same? already have the 103 upgrade,255 cams,TTS master tune, fullsac header, reinhart slipons.

I bought my bike used with the K&N heavy breather already installed. It does it's job well but there are a couple things I dont like. The intake elbow that connects the filter to the carb is not chrome plated like the HD version is. It is only polished aluminum. It looks good for a little while but after some wear the polished surface tends to dull.

Another thing I dont like about it is the way the breather assembly is set up. With a stock air filter the breathers just discharge into the filter element. With the set up I have there is a crossover tube attached to both breathers. Then a line comes off this crossover and runs down the side of the motor and discharges into a different filter at the bottom of the bike. It took me a while to figure the best way to run this extra line. I'm not sure how the SE model solves this problem but it's not the best in my opinion.

Just a couple things to think about.

The heavy breather may cramp the cockpit area of the bike and make more intake noise. The looks on a tourer seem to be a bit out of place..:s

I don't plan to put one on my tour but a friend ask about putting one on his RK.
Thanks for the info.

The heavy breather may cramp the cockpit area of the bike and make more intake noise. The looks on a tourer seem to be a bit out of place..:s

Agree, it would look good on a dyna or Sporster IMO The SE with K N filter is a fine set up

Back