free website stats program Heavy Breather oil leak | Harley Davidson Forums

Heavy Breather oil leak

nhk750

Ok, I have looked everywhere so now I give up and am posting this question.

The two chrome breather caps on my Heavy Breather air intake are leaking around the o' rings. I talked to someone recently and they said that Harley has an update for this that replaces the caps with caps that have two o'rings on each cap instead of one. They said to go to the parts department and they would know exactly what I need.

I have not been there yet but am going tomorrow. If it is that easy How come I cant find anything on the internet or this website about the fix?

I would like to know what I am talking about before I go in to the Harley parts department and talk to the parts guy. He is kinda clueless sometimes about pretty much everything...

Tell the parts man you need two 29830-05A plugs, they come with o-rings, I had the bulletin somewhere but can't find it now, Harley started making them with just one o-ring and found they leaked, they should give you the new plugs in exchange for the old one's, the product was bad and harley warranty will stand behind them, if the dealer says Daaa, give customer service a call. 1-414-343-4056 harley knew the product was bad from the start.

Thanks, just what I was looking for. You know how some parts guys are, totally clueless...

Is there a website with all the recalls or updates to Harleys and parts to make it easy for people to look this stuff up?

I would not have had a clue if it wasnt for that guy mentioning the possible update.

Thanks for the advice, I did apply some oil to the o'rings and they installed nice and easy. I am a 22 year diesel and heavy equipment mechanic, so I know all about seal installation. I have also read about the oil level thing on the sportsters too, so I always make sure to leave a little room in there just in case. The old single o'ring plugs were definitly leaking a bit.

So, I took them into the Harley dealer today and the service and sales guys knew what I was talking about, but the parts guys were completely clueless! I had to show them the post I printed up from this website and another to convince them to help me out. Then thier computer was down so they werent going to give me the plugs for free, then finally I talked to the owner after and hour of farting around with the parts guys and he pulled out two new double o'ring plugs from a new kit and gave them too me. What a hassle! What is up with these parts guys? If I worked there I would know, or try to know, everything I could about what is happening with the parts and cycles...I am frustrated and hate going there, but is close to my house...:12:

I wish I had read this yesterday. I was just out at the dealer I prefer to work with and give my money to. The dealer that is closer to me and on my way to and from work I would rather not work with as they are one of those dealerships that you often read about that offers customers real bad service. Oh well, I'll have to see what happens.

Back