free website stats program Heated pants liner | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated pants liner

ImaRider

I am on the fence about buying these. Do they go under your jeans and over your underwear? Seems like they would need frequent washing after riding, How do they hold up in the washer? Or can they be washed/should they be washed?
Just tired of buying thermals that aren't as warm as they advertise them to be, going on my 3rd pair now.

I dunno the answer here, Under Armour Sports Clothing, Athletic Shoes Accessories | Free Shipping Available | US have you tried these products? I like them , I have the top and bottom, they fit tight and lock in the heat and make a good wind break

I agree with Jack. I don't know if you can wash the heated pants liners, but I DO know that UnderArmor makes some of THE warmest and most comfy cold weather gear. In Fact the Army even issues us UnderArmor cold weather gear, which I use frequently while riding. I have a set of thin cold weather under garments as well as a set of super thick/Waffle pattern extreme cold weather under garments that make it almost too hot, lol. Under Armor makes GREAT gear for any application. Although, it is a little bit more pricey than most, but there is a good reason!

I am on the fence about buying these. Do they go under your jeans and over your underwear?

Yes. "For best results, heated liner should be worn over a base layer and then under an outer-pants layer." I think cleaning is just damp cloth only, but I'll have to check my heated jacket liner manual to confirm.

I think the most important outer layer must be windproof, otherwise thermal drawers are useless no matter what brand you choose.

My combination has always been under armor then a lined jeans and then over pants. I also install elephant ears on the crash bars and good to go.....

Seems like they would need frequent washing after riding, How do they hold up in the washer? Or can they be washed/should they be washed?

Finally checked the label on my jacket liner; Hand wash cold and hang to dry. The owner's manual with them says machine wash but better to stick with the label instructions.

I have heated jacket liner and heated pants, been a couple years since I used them BUT...I wore silk long johns under the heated pants, and I have wore plain old blue jeans under them, as for the heated jacket liner I wear it over a long sleeve T shirt and a fairly heavy jacket over that, sometimes if needed I will wear a sweat shirt over the heated liner and then a jacket..mine are the old style Gerblings and I have a thermastat which controls how much heat I want, simply turn it up or down as needed..they were expensive when I bought them and I was much younger so I did ride in pretty cold weather, hippo gloves for hands, my feet were always cold though, never did buy any heated socks..never felt the need to have to wash them..I have a friend that wears a heated vest for back pain when ever it starts to get cool out, keeps her riding with a grin..

Been doing searches after reading all the suggestions in the posts. UA seems to be good stuff and they have different varieties. None specifically say wind resistant though. Then I found these www.Gator-Skins.com and they do say wind resistant. Anyone try these?

Nikko64 are the UA ones you wear available to the retail market or only military specific?

Cabelas has the UA base 4.0 Under Armour® Base 4.0 Bottoms : Cabela's

Wondering if they are the same?

Been doing searches after reading all the suggestions in the posts. UA seems to be good stuff and they have different varieties. None specifically say wind resistant though. Then I found these www.Gator-Skins.com and they do say wind resistant. Anyone try these?

Nikko64 are the UA ones you wear available to the retail market or only military specific?

Cabelas has the UA base 4.0 Under Armour® Base 4.0 Bottoms : Cabela's

Wondering if they are the same?

It's the same, just a different color. Ours have to match with our camo patterns. So currently they are a light tan. They used to be a dark brown and we also had a black (ninja suit) but now its all tan.
Oh and ours don't have the logos. It's only on the tag. Military gear cannot have logos, it's against the regs. One more thing I forgot to add, we also have gear from another company, PolarTech I believe it is. Also good stuff. I'm wearing the long johns now, lol.

I have 12V heated glove liners which work great, my hands were the only part of me that didn't get cold on the trip back from Salt Springs in Feb. They are by Venture Heat which also sells pants and jacket liners. They are fairly expensive ~ $200 for the jacket liner and ~ $180 for the pants liners. Still out to lunch if I will buy them since there is not a lot of times I will not use them being in the south part of the country. They were going to make the Santa list but my wife decided we needed a new frig instead.

The website VentureHeat.com.

Back