free website stats program Heated Handlebar grips | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated Handlebar grips

Sourn

My heated grips on my 2011 Ultra Limited are getting worn out at the end of bars on top, by that I mean slick looking, with only 8300 miles. Is this common or maybe its the way I grip them,never had this happen with so few miles. Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem. Still under warranty.

My heated grips on my 2011 Ultra Limited are getting worn out at the end of bars on top, by that I mean slick looking, with only 8300 miles. Is this common or maybe its the way I grip them,never had this happen with so few miles. Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem. Still under warranty.

My guess would be your hand position, Cosmetics should be covered under 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, Call your dealer

Cant sell more grips if they last too long.............I had a similar situation with a set of Ailerons that I put on my RK. They are cosmetically disfigured either from oils in my gloves, hands etc. I dont worry much about it but for the money, I hoped for for better.

Years ago I was told that if you don't wash your hands after using cologn/aftershave that stuff would eat you grips. I guess because of the alcohol used in the product.

Hey Bodeen, other than that how do you like the ailerons? I've been thinking about putting them on my bike.

Years ago I was told that if you don't wash your hands after using cologn/aftershave that stuff would eat you grips. I guess because of the alcohol used in the product.

I dont use aftershave or cologne and my grips are still looking worn.

Hey Bodeen, other than that how do you like the ailerons? I've been thinking about putting them on my bike.

Very nice grip compared to the standard barrel shape grip. Comfortable for me. I do however wish they were larger in circumference. They may look different then but I have gorilla hands. Overall they have been good.

Back