free website stats program Heated Grips Installation | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated Grips Installation

SirDimsdale

Anyone install 56100034 Heated Grips to their Trike or Tourer? I can't find installation procedure for fly-by-wire setups. Thinking of buying these but would like to save install fee if it's not a big deal.

Not sure what the difference or why the additional cost. I would suspect there more to just buying the 56100034 and installing them and that is what the difference is. I bet they are just a replacement grip that would be purchased if bike previously had HD heated grips.

Contoured Chrome and Rubber Custom Heated Hand Grips | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Heated Hand Grips - Black Rubber | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

You may actually be farther ahead with a good pair of heated gloves that will warm your hold hand instead of just your palm....

Not sure what the difference or why the additional cost. I would suspect there more to just buying the 56100034 and installing them and that is what the difference is. I bet they are just a replacement grip that would be purchased if bike previously had HD heated grips.

Contoured Chrome and Rubber Custom Heated Hand Grips | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Heated Hand Grips - Black Rubber | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

You may actually be farther ahead with a good pair of heated gloves that will warm your hold hand instead of just your palm....
I'm trying to figure out if it's a DIY or I need HD Service to install incurring a service labor charge.

I'm trying to figure out if it's a DIY or I need HD Service to install incurring a service labor charge.
Heated gloves I've researched, but I have short fingers causing gloves to extend beyond my finger tips causing interference at times. This week I borrowed a pair of stretch glove inserts, covered them with my leather half finger gloves and they worked quite well giving me contact assurance and warmth. So I figured combined with the heated grips should be ideal.

Heated gloves I've researched, but I have short fingers causing gloves to extend beyond my finger tips causing interference at times. This week I borrowed a pair of stretch glove inserts, covered them with my leather half finger gloves and they worked quite well giving me contact assurance and warmth. So I figured combined with the heated grips should be ideal.

You're much better off with the gloves over the heated grips if you can find one that fits you better. The grips have been known to stop working short of an expected life span and the gloves heat the back of your hand where the cold air hits as opposed to heating the palm of your hand with the grips which leaves the back of your hand exposed to the cold air anyway.

I agree with the heated glove option. My dealer wanted close to $400 (parts and a lot of labor) to install heated grips. At that price I went with Gerbings G3 gloves.(less bulky than the Harley version) Very easy to hook up and they work great. I also got the jacket liner, all for about the price of the grips that seem to have a questionable life span.

I agree with the heated glove option. My dealer wanted close to $400 (parts and a lot of labor) to install heated grips. At that price I went with Gerbings G3 gloves.(less bulky than the Harley version) Very easy to hook up and they work great. I also got the jacket liner, all for about the price of the grips that seem to have a questionable life span.
WoW that's a bunch. The grips are $169 and I would expect $80-100 labor. $400....was he holding a gun. I know you guy's are right on the gloves and I am picking up the Gerbing heated jacket but just considering everything. One of the HOG members in my chapter got the grips with his recent purchase. They came with the bike and he really had no interest until he turned them on. I'm also spoiled with the heated steering wheel on my car.

You may want to consider Heat Demons. Everyone I know has had major problems with the Harley heated grips either stopping working or turning on and not turning off on a 80 degree day. The service tech had to cut the wires because we were getting ready to leave on a long ride and he was not able to make them go off. This was the third set of grips.

Back