free website stats program Heated gloves? | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated gloves?

Anyone have any experience with using the new battery operated ones?

I wonder if they are worth the $150 - $200

Thanks

Last edited:
There's been a number of posts on heated gloves both battery powered and hard wired. A search will usually bring them up.

I strongly suggest the Gerbing G3 gloves. They aren't restrictive like some others. Wire them into the bike for best results.

I like to wire them direct to the battery with an inline fuse. I mounted a receptacle to the rear of the motor so it's easy to plug and unplug when getting on and off.

You can see it just in front of the forward tip of the side cover. I bolted it in using an existing hole in the frame pan there. The harnesses are available from Gerbing.

RK13jack.jpg
RK13jack.jpg

Any winter warmth is worth it! The batteries last about four hours so I went with the long extension cord, for recharging (about fifteen minutes) on those long winter road trips...

I agree with Gerbing product.
I installed the heated hand grips and used them a bit, but after reading about the problems with I took them back and went with the gloves.

They get very warm. Warmer than I can stand when on max. On the product literature the heating range goes to 135F.

One note if you ride in the rain: Some of the gerbing gloves have a leather outer shell. While the glove itself is waterproof, the leather is not (initially from the manufacturer). So if you do not waterproof them (the leather) they will keep your hands dry, but get heavy. I used the Nikwax product that Gerbing recommends. It works very well at water proofing leather glove and it easy to apply. I had to make a second trip to the store to get the waterproofer...so it you think you will need it, hope this will save you a trip.

Back