free website stats program Heat management system on 2011 ultra classic. | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat management system on 2011 ultra classic.

Okay.... I'm now convinced i need a tuner for my 2011 ultra classic. This past friday it was about 85 deg. out and i decided to go for a ride down I-95 for about 30 minutes at 70 mph. When i got off at my exit waiting at a red light...the heat management system was already kicking in as i waited. IMO this should not be happening under those conditions..or am i over reacting? Anyways...i have been reading the threads and i think i will give Dobech performance a call to have a talk with them. This will probably make some harley riders mad but i would be okay with a water cooled ultra classic one day!:bigsmiley23:

This will probably make some harley riders mad but i would be okay with a water cooled ultra classic one day!:bigsmiley23:

They're hot no doubt, as the C.I. increases so will the heat. I'm running a 106" and it is noticeably hotter even with a good tune than the 96"er was.

Extra fuel and slip-ons help but the 96" and up just generate more heat than a standing still engine can get rid of. With a heat soaked 96", standing still for more than 2 1/2 minutes will mean 300* cylinder temps. It is amazing to me how much more heat is generated with the 96" over it's predecessors. I have a friend who rides a 2002 Softail and he can almost sit still all day without a meltdown. I am still trying to figure that one out.

Okay...i just got off the phone with dobeck performance co. an ordered me a TFI from them. I was telling the guy over the phone what i had on the bike and he told me that i basically have a stage 1 upgrade on my motorcylce already and that all i needed was a diferent breather than the stock one i have. I told him the cat had been removed by american custom who removes the cat and then installs what they claim to be a power chamber to provide some back pressure. He also told me that the stock mufflers i have are much bigger than earlier year models providing more air flow. So basically he said all i need is to replace the air breather for now to complete a stage 1 until i could afford new slip on exhausts from Cobra or any other company i choose to get my exhaust from. My TFI is on the way but does the rest of it sound right?:small3d031:

I'm running a similar Stage 1 on my 2012 Road King... Jackpot stainless 2-1-2 head pipes, Fuel Moto Pro Billet Air Kit, Dynojet Power Vision tuner... Stock Mufflers! Video recorded with GoPro HD Hero 2 and Audio-Technica Lavalier Microphone. Microphone was taped to rear of right side saddlebag, about 4 inches above exhaust, foam windscreen on microphone... no wind noise. Dobeck Performance is correct about the 2010 and newer mufflers.

2012 FLHR Sound Check_v1.1 - YouTube

Video recorded with GoPro HD Hero 2 and Audio-Technica Lavalier Microphone. Microphone was taped to rear of right side saddlebag, about 4 inches above exhaust, foam windscreen on microphone... no wind noise.

You did a Nice job on the video. Nice Ride too. That Go-Pro HD Hero 2 leaves little to be desired.

Your having just too much fun.:)

I was hoping for a wheelie or a burnout or somethin....:D

Back