free website stats program Heart attack | Harley Davidson Forums

Heart attack

Fearless1

I'm 45 yrs old and had a heart attack thursday at work so drove myself home 40 miles and went to the hospital 12 hrs later (couldn't force myself to leave my roadking at work). Well been stuck in hospitals ever since so it has been no fun today at 11 am they are scoping my heart to see what is wrong and hopefully I will be out of here by Sunday and back home to the family and my bike. Just thought I would let you all know about it and warn every1 that no matter the age it can happen so be carefull.

Thanks hobit I don't feel real lucky right now waiting to go into surgery. But I guess I could be dead.

Thanks again I will let you all know how it turns out as soon as I can after the scope. They said I have to remain on my back for the rest of the day with the legs straight so probably won't be back on until early tommorrow morning but you never know.

Glad everything is working out well so far BUT i have to question your judgement riding a motorcycle and waiting 12 hours to get medical attention when you knew you were having a heart issue. You must have one helluva guardian angel watching over you!

Good luck and take care of yourself first - the bike will be happily waiting for you when the doctors say you can mount up again.

Hope you're up and around soon. If it happens again (hope not) get attention right away, it lessens the possibility of another attack.

I relate...had a heart transplant in 1987 at Stanford, was motorcycling then...would you believe I received a heart from a biker in Wyoming (that is all I was allowed to know back then)...my 1st day home 3 weeks later was to enjoy the simple things like taking a real shower (don't get the stitches wet), putting on an old pair of jeans with flannel shirt, and lay on the floor w/ feet up on the couch to reflect! Enjoy life, share with others and don't sweat the small stuff (yeah I know you all have heard it before); BUT LIVE IT and MEAN IT. Would you believe my goals were to ride my bike, play a round of golf (silly game but I still love) and share all good things with friends and family ALWAYS. Take care...it gets better every day.

I'm 45 yrs old and had a heart attack thursday at work so drove myself home 40 miles and went to the hospital 12 hrs later (couldn't force myself to leave my roadking at work). Well been stuck in hospitals ever since so it has been no fun today at 11 am they are scoping my heart to see what is wrong and hopefully I will be out of here by Sunday and back home to the family and my bike. Just thought I would let you all know about it and warn every1 that no matter the age it can happen so be carefull.

Not a smooth move with the bike , but I understand.

I had a friend die 3 years ago. I never knew he had a heart problem. Witnesses say they thought he was drunk, they saw him pull off the road, put his bike on on the stand then keel over. He died instantly. Man that was difficult to write.

There is only one Fearless1 in this world and I think your family would agree that your worth more than your bike.
Glad that your ok.

Back