free website stats program Headsets | Harley Davidson Forums

Headsets

jude

Contributor
Hi, just traded my 06 streetglide in for a 2008 ultra,i was wondering could anyone recommend a good set of headsets,i have read some threads here where people are unhappy with the harley offering,thanks,

I use the Cardo Scala Rider. They are wireless, bluetooth enabled and you can also get some that you can talk bike to bike. I use mine just for the intercom between me and the wife.

The Harley units that came with the /09 Ultra weren't very good. However, the new style available now are great. The speakers are larger, the plug in chord is longer and they perform much better than the older models. Other than those, J&M makes good units.

I use some older J & M sets I had left over from my GW days. I also has a tin ear so quality is not real inportant to me, just as long as I can hear.

I love my edsets unit, Ed is a biker and a great guy will answer all your questions...I liked supporting a fellow rider and the sound is great

I really like my J&M units. I have the standard units, not the elite and they work fine. They actually sound better with my earplugs in. They have a rather shrill sound without but that could just be me. I usually wear earplugs all the time and find the sound from them when I use them that way to be very good. Price is not great as they are around something like $180 for a set...oh, and the mic works very well also..very little noise when transmitting via CB or intercom so I am told...

Didnt the Op get an Ultra? If he uses a Cardo type unit then he cant use the built in the audio can he? No blue tooth connection on the radio (not anymore anyway since Harley discontinued the problematic add on)..just wondering...The Ultra and the Gold Wing really need to embrace blue tooth, especially at the cost of these bikes.

I wear a 1/2 helmet so I put the stock Harley set in the wife's helmet , and bought the Harley/boom audio set for me .It's the type that fits over top of your ears and loop down behind your neck. I like them because when she is not with me,I just throw them in the tour pac. They run about $120 and work well.

Back