free website stats program headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

headlight

chuck60

On my 2012 softail classic the headlight is leaning to the right ( cocked to the right ) are they all like that or do I need to adjust something. on my old road king I could have never noticed because the way the light housing was.

The whole headlight enclosure is pointing to the right, the lens is pointing to the right, the headlight beam is shining to the right?

HD12FXST051.gif
Is this your light set up?

Chuck60 I don't think I understand you question. I was simply asking what is leaning or cocked to the right. The mount for the headlight assy. is pretty stout and it would take a good lick to bend it. I would think that if it was hit hard enough to move it there would be a dent somewhere on the housing.

Chuck60 I don't think I understand you question. I was simply asking what is leaning or cocked to the right. The mount for the headlight assy. is pretty stout and it would take a good lick to bend it. I would think that if it was hit hard enough to move it there would be a dent somewhere on the housing.

There is not a dent and I don't think it was hit at all, the whole thing looks like it was put on cocked to the right, I'm wondering if it could have came from the factory that way, and the other owner didn't notice it. I don't know who owned it before me and the dealer won't say.

Not sure on your model but on my '94FLSTC the bolt and nut is not to hard to get to, and then you can see the two ears that are spot welded to the back of the headlight housing. Once you have it off you will be able to check for damage. I guess the ears could have been damaged at assembly.

I have the head light fixed. There is a 9/16 bolt under the headlight that just needed to be moved enough to move the light. The dealer in Tampa where I bought the bike ( I live in Ga. ) told me that when the bikes come in they have a check list and they must have missed this one. It's fixed so I'm happy.

Glad you have it fixed. Thanks for getting back to us. Ride safe

Back