free website stats program Headlight and passing lamp are not working. | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight and passing lamp are not working.

I put bagger apes on my flhx. Did all the wiring my self and kept getting the code for the twist grip sensor. Since I don't have the patience for wiring I decided to pull the bars off of the bike and take them to the local dealer and have them desire everything. Got the bars back today, they look great. Only problem is now the heading and passing lamps don't work. the high beam does work. There is no power going to the switch for the passing lamps either. Any ideas on what could have caused this? All the fuses check out to be ok.

Did you actually test fuses or just pull and look at. Sometimes just looking it is very hard to see that they are burnt. A test light or meter to check fuse socket is best. Possibly the connector for lights is disconnected or has a bad pin in it...

I pulled the fuses and replaced with new fuses. Talked to the dealer and I'm gonna take the bike in tomorrow morning and they said they will make it right. Only thing I can think of is that in 08' they stopped putting on the passing lamps and I'm thinking when he wired up the bars he didnt do something right. I added the passing lamps a year ago myself. Well hopefully they can get it figured out. I'll let you know what they come up with. Thanks for the quick reply.

Good deal. I am sure they will get you taken care of.....:s

Only thing I can think of is that in 08' they stopped putting on the passing lamps and I'm thinking when he wired up the bars he didnt do something right.

As far as I know, the FLHX has never come with passing lamps standard. Aftermarket only.

Gotcha. My apology I was assuming. I always liked street glides and always liked the look of the passing lamps. I must of made myself believe that they were standard. I just hope they get this taken care of so I can put some miles on her. Supposed to be some nice weather coming.

Gotcha. My apology I was assuming. I always liked street glides and always liked the look of the passing lamps. I must of made myself believe that they were standard. I just hope they get this taken care of so I can put some miles on her. Supposed to be some nice weather coming.

No problem - if you're not careful, you'll learn something every time you log on here!

:D

Just an update. When the mechanic at the dealer put the new pins on the end of the wire they never crimped properly. So today I took it there and he went to pull the pin and wire out of the plug to check it and just the wire came out. ::whoops!:: not only that wire but like 4 other pins were not properly connected. Mechanic blamed it on the new pins that they are getting. Anyway they made good for their mistake and even gave me a free clutch adjustment::woohoo:: Bottom line is they made it right.

Outstanding. Nice when they do the right even if is the second time.

Back