free website stats program HD Siren | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Siren

Scrounger

I've read the posts about wiring an alarm into the 2010 bikes, but has anyone just tried to order an alarm from a Canadian dealer where the sirens are standard equipment? Seems like the fit and quality would be higher. Just wondering.

Right on Matthew, the HD siren just plugs right into the left hand side cover, no wires, muss or fuss and the alarm comes on most the bikes and if not it is also just plug and play. Plus you can get the pager receiver that transmits up to 1/2 mile away and never have to worry, well almost never.

Right on Matthew, the HD siren just plugs right into the left hand side cover, no wires, muss or fuss and the alarm comes on most the bikes and if not it is also just plug and play. Plus you can get the pager receiver that transmits up to 1/2 mile away and never have to worry, well almost never.

Only question is, what is the part number and could it be ordered in the USA.

Did a bit more research and its part 68328-02 for the 2010 FL

Fits '02-later Touring models, '02-later Softail® models, '02-later Dyna® models and '02-later VRSC™ models.

MSRP US $84.95

That one works too, the number I posted is for the smart siren 2 it features a enhanced sound chamber, a redesigned internal battery access cover, and ultra low power consumption during the standby mode. When activated, the Security System Fob arm and disarm commands are confirmed with blink feature, and '07-later models can be programmed to emit a chirp. If you ever wanted the pager upgrade, it would work with this unit but not the standard unit. I just installed one on a friends bike , it works great and list is $89.95 only $5.00 more the the standard model, but they both work great.

If you want the genuine Harley Siren or if you feel the back up battery power is necessary or if you are entertaining the addition of a pager, the authentic HD components make all the sense in the world. However, if none of those reasons apply to your situation and you want a great value siren added to your factory security system, the $5.00 Radio Shack siren can't be beat. Just my $.02

Peddler

Where do you mount the rat shack siren? I was thinking OEM since it has such a nice spot to put it already.

Back