free website stats program HD Security? Disconnecting battery | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Security? Disconnecting battery

Roklock

If I disconnect my battery for any length of time will the stock HD security system be screwed up when it is hooked back up? Will the key FOB still work?

Called dealer to ask and the reponse I got was that it shouldn't but he couldn't be sure.

Thanks,

Steve

p.s. Bike is '09 Fatboy

If I disconnect my battery for any length of time will the stock HD security system be screwed up when it is hooked back up? Will the key FOB still work?

Called dealer to ask and the reponse I got was that it shouldn't but he couldn't be sure.

Thanks,

Steve

p.s. Bike is '09 Fatboy

Unless they have changed something with the new bikes, the answer is NO, it will not mess up your security system. Of course, make sure it is NOT set when you go to take the battery loose!! Otherwise, you will find out where your siren is located if you have one.

TQ

Turn the ignition on and then pull the maxi fuse with the ignition on before doing anything. It should retain the settings on the security too.

And hang your fob nearby when working on your bike prior to disconnecting...the buttonless Security II systems may be set to auto-arm and could blast you with a little reminder if you take your time disconnecting the battery.

Thanks Glider, but now you got me wondering...

What else am I protecting from being screwed up?

Steve

Nothing, doing it like this prevents the siren form activating if you have one. if not then it just disables the alarm from setting.

Back