free website stats program HD Oil Cooler without the chrome cover | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Oil Cooler without the chrome cover

Jim B.

I just installed the HD oil cooler on my 09 Road Glide. I was wondering if anyone rides with the chrome cover off the cooler. It looks like taking the chrome cover off would increase the cooling area. Thanks.

Rode for a while without cover. Finally got around to sticking it on. Couldn't tell a bit of difference in cooling either way.

Likely make little difference cooling-wise, but **bling** is a good thing! :lero

Jayson

That's about the best setup IMO to keep it out of the path of debris from the front wheel and that air foil actually does work to direct the air too.

It's barely visible without the Flash on while photographing

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• W Flash1.JPG
    W Flash1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 42
  • W flash2.JPG
    W flash2.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Natural Light.JPG
    Natural Light.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 34
Riding an old motored bike I have been looking at getting an oil cooler for it. After seeing these two setups I think I am going to go with the Jeggs one. Anybody else have any good ideas for a cooler?

Mikeeyr - the two setups are unique to their models - Jason's is classic mounting used by both Jagg and HD (made by Jagg or other aftermarket supplier), and Eleft' is one made to fit between the wider frame rails of the Softtail (I know, wanted to do it on my Sporty, but frame tubes are too narrow) by HD (again by Jagg or other aftermarket supplier) but without the chrome cover for "stealth" black look.

Back