free website stats program HD heated jacket ? | Harley Davidson Forums

HD heated jacket ?

dogdad

My jacket came with a power switch with 3 settings..can anyone tell me if the optional thermostat switch that you can buy will give you higher heat settings?

If you go to the highest setting on the switch it should be the same as the highest setting on the thermostat control . I have the Gerbing gloves & jacket liner with a duel thermostat control and I can't run my control on high because it is to hot .

Thanks for the reply ironmark. How long does it take for your jacket to heat up on a high setting?

I have the Gerbings sleeved liner and gloves. I know I'm in CA but I haven't had either T-stat up past about 20% even up in the mountains on a very cold day ~ 40F last winter. I hate being cold, that's why I live here instead of Chicago and I think the Gerbings are by far the best accessory I have bought. Although, I sure do love the heated handgrips on the 10 Ultra LTD. I never thought they'd work but on those chilly rides to work in the am they work great with my deerskin gloves. Had the grips on all day today on setting #1 and hands were nice and warm. One of the guys was teasing me as he noticed I had them on...I just smiled! Now he wants a LTD. A pair of heated handgrips are a whole lot less expensive. BTW, the BMW M/C dealer out here sells Gerbings and they look just like the HD ones my Buddy has. If you have a fairing, the hardwired dual controller with LEDs fits nicely in the fairing and makes it easy to adjust. The dual controller is a little unwieldily with gloves on.

I have the Gerbings as well..... I find that cranking the heat UP at the beginning, and then lowering it, as I go along, works best.... for me.
How low will YOU need the thermostat to be set? will depend on you, and that day's weather.

As far as whether you "high" setting, is the same as another unit... "high" simply means the unit, is getting a continuous flow of electrons, the "theromostats, and 3 position units, are "interupter units" in that they simply open and close the circuit, at given rates

Back