free website stats program HD Garage Door Opener | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Garage Door Opener

Wolff

I bought the HD Garage Door Opener last year and cant get it to work to my likeing. The issue I have is I have a 4 wire opener and the HD unit is set up for 2. I have installed diodes and made a jumper line and can get the unit to work with bike. But if I open the door with wall mounted switch then try to close it with another remote it will not work it will start to close then go back up I need to get out of my truck and close it with the wall mounted switch. Any thoughts.

Possibly the trip lights are off if you have them down by the floor or you may have to reprogram the transmitters if you have a rolling code unit.

You're talking my line off work.

As Glider says, do you have to hold the wall button down until the door is shut, or you can just push it and the door shuts?
If you have to hold the button down until the door is shut, your saftey eyes are not lined up. Be sure that the little lights on both eyes are lit.

I'm not sure what you mean by a four wire opener? Do you mean where they wire onto the back of the opener? Your eye wires have been spliced into two wires coming from the eyes, and you have two wires coming from the button?

What kind of opener is it? Have you programmed the HD opener to your opener type? Does your operator have a smart button?

Fill me in and I can most likely get you straightened out.

You're getting power from plugging the receiver into an outlet, and you should have two wires coming from the receiver which you should connect to screws 1 and 2 on the op, right? I read that the transmitter from HD is a rolling code tx, so it should be compatable. It does sound like the saftey eyes though.

Last edited:
I do not have eyes on the opener (commercial Opener) I don't have to hold down the wall button to get the door to close. I have never tried the remote this way. I have 4 wires that run to the wall switches ( Open Close and Stop)I know the HD unit will work on a different door. Opener is Raynor RBT-310 And I can not get the unit to work with out the use of diodes in line.

I do not have eyes on the opener (commercial Opener) I don't have to hold down the wall button to get the door to close. I have never tried the remote this way. I have 4 wires that run to the wall switches ( Open Close and Stop)I know the HD unit will work on a different door. Opener is Raynor RBT-310 And I can not get the unit to work with out the use of diodes in line.

Ah, that raynor is an oldy. But, it is a simple unit. Does the inside on the lid have a schematic on it for the wiring? or a book inside the cover? I'm not sure, can't remember if this unit has an exterior radio connection on it. 1-2-3
on outside of case? if not, check the wiring schematic. your four wires coming from the button are open, stop, close, and common. Most times green open, blue close, red stop, and white common. Inside the unit where they hook up is not usually were the radio control would hook up. Schematic should show where to hook up wires from reciever. I'm asuming that the radio control has two wires coming out of it after being plugged into the outlet. these wires would connect to either numbers 1 and 2 on outside of unit, or two screw on the inside of unit that the schematic shows for radio control.

You may have to add a longer line to the two wires coming out of the radio and move it closer to the front of the opening, depending on how tall a commercial door we are talking about.

I may be telling you something you already know, not sure.

Wish I was there could clear it up for you.

Forget about the four wire two wire thing. Your two wires from the HD radio do not hook up to any of the four wires for the three button station. Take the cover off the op and find the right two screws for the radio wires, if there is no 1 2 3 screws on the outside of the op.

Have you programmed the HD opener to your opener type?

The HD garage door opener does not program to the garage door opener itself. The HD receiver is simply an electronic pulse switch that hooks onto the same screws a wall mounted switch does on the opener unit. It is programed to the HD sending unit circuit board that is mounted on the bike.

:USA

Back