free website stats program HD Fairing on 2001 Roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Fairing on 2001 Roadking

01Roadking

I'm in the process of installing a HD fairing on my Roadking. I'm trying to decide on weather to install the speedo and tach in the fairing or a set of smaller speakers in there place. I'm thinking the speedo might look a little weird with one on the gas tank already. Any thoughts would be appreciatted.

I'm in the process of installing a HD fairing on my Roadking. I'm trying to decide on weather to install the speedo and tach in the fairing or a set of smaller speakers in there place. I'm thinking the speedo might look a little weird with one on the gas tank already. Any thoughts would be appreciatted.

I agree...would look a little weird with a second speedo. Stick with the tach.
Or change the tank for one without a speedo--but then you run into a problem of what to do with your ignition switch:dknow

At one time all of Harley's bat wing fairings had nothing inside of them. They only came with the front shell made of fiberglass. It was held on like the windshield is with sturts that bolted onto the side of the front forks. At one time they only came in white including the saddlebags. I guess you have a late fairing and have to deal with the inner shell. Right now I wouldn't do any thing but mount it and ride with it for awhile to see if you really like it. Fossil

At one time all of Harley's bat wing fairings had nothing inside of them. They only came with the front shell made of fiberglass. It was held on like the windshield is with sturts that bolted onto the side of the front forks. At one time they only came in white including the saddlebags. I guess you have a late fairing and have to deal with the inner shell. Right now I wouldn't do any thing but mount it and ride with it for awhile to see if you really like it. Fossil

Traded bikes for a month with my buddy who has an Ultra. My commute to work is 125 miles, 10 days a month. I leave at 4:30 am. I like the front fairing, especially during the winter time. I do like the retro look of the RK but the older I get, the colder I get.......:(

I would definately hook the speakers up and leave the tach and speedo where they are. Besides, the type of music I play would definately help keep me warm on those cold mornings :Banane08:

Back