free website stats program HD factory/museum tour | Harley Davidson Forums

HD factory/museum tour

B-1B_Guy

Hey all,

Thursday after work my buddy and I left Rapid City headed for Milwaukee, we stopped half way for the night and continued on in the am. We (being Active Duty Air Force), traded a B-1B tour for a tour of the Harley factory/museum. One of the Harley employees gratiously gave up his Saturday to take us through two Harley factories and the museum. It was an absolutely fantastic day. Harley really appreciates what the military does and has done for this country! It was an absolutely fantastic weekend! The 886 mile ride home in the cold rain was tough but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks HD, great weekend, glad you enjoyed the B-1B tour and the Milwaukee Air Show

My wife and I toured the museum a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. HD has done an outstanding job of putting it together. IMHO I am glad that they extend such great hospitality to the military.

Looks like we may have to put this on our must do list. Our next trip is planned for the end of June and first week of July. From Charlotte we were planning on going toward Akron or Cleveland and when we reach Lake Erie turn right toward Buffalo and enter Canada and ride up on the Canada side until we turn right again and ride through the Adirondack National Park. Detroit would shorten our plans for touring Vermont and New Hampshire. Should we plan to see the Museum and cut out some of the northeast or plan another trip to do the Detroit area and upper Michigan another time?

Looks like we may have to put this on our must do list. Our next trip is planned for the end of June and first week of July. From Charlotte we were planning on going toward Akron or Cleveland and when we reach Lake Erie turn right toward Buffalo and enter Canada and ride up on the Canada side until we turn right again and ride through the Adirondack National Park. Detroit would shorten our plans for touring Vermont and New Hampshire. Should we plan to see the Museum and cut out some of the northeast or plan another trip to do the Detroit area and upper Michigan another time?

Stop by Detroit, I'll show ya a great time and a Dealer that parties.

You can take all the pics you like in the museum; however, no pics in the harley factories. I was incredibly impressed when our guide offered to take us into the archives....every piece of HD literature ever printed is stored in there. There's also several hundred bikes (including bikes that were produced but never released (like the Harley Nova)) stored in the archives. It was an absolutely fantastic tour. I'd go back again just to see the museum. If you like HD's, you won't be disappointed.

Back