free website stats program HD decals over new paint job? | Harley Davidson Forums

HD decals over new paint job?

I just received an awesome set of fenders and tank yesterday already painted with House of Kolor flames. Great deal I thought from a Tennessee outfit on ebay. Was going to have a custom paint job done on my old stuff but was WAAAY too spendy so went with something I liked already painted. Reconditioned parts but they appear brand new and the work is superb. I had a dent in my old tank that also would have had to have been fixed. Question is....Anybody know if it's wise to put some kinda HD decals on the tank now after the job has been done and clearcoated??? Would like to spiff it up just a tad more. Thanks, Doug
BTW: Cost was $960 shipped. No way I could have gotten off that "cheap" redoing my old stuff.

I just received an awesome set of fenders and tank yesterday already painted with House of Kolor flames. Great deal I thought from a Tennessee outfit on ebay. Was going to have a custom paint job done on my old stuff but was WAAAY too spendy so went with something I liked already painted. Reconditioned parts but they appear brand new and the work is superb. I had a dent in my old tank that also would have had to have been fixed. Question is....Anybody know if it's wise to put some kinda HD decals on the tank now after the job has been done and clearcoated??? Would like to spiff it up just a tad more. Thanks, Doug
BTW: Cost was $960 shipped. No way I could have gotten off that "cheap" redoing my old stuff.

Lets see the paint, :s

You should really contact the Painter you purchased the tins from , Im no painter ,but with todays paint variations you really need to no what paint and process you have, they will give you the rite answer for sure, perhaps even offer you to send it back and they will do it for you for a low cost or maybe even do something simular in paint that emulates the decal you are looking to apply.

Let's see if this link works I dug out of my trash file. Got the tank and front fender on today. Waiting for my new fat spoked wheels to arrive before putting the rear fender on...then I'll try and post up my bike. I spoke to somone on the board a few weeks ago...Don?? I think. Anyway, if you're out there, I bought these spoked wheels off ebay as well and not from the V-TWIN dealer friend we were talking about so I didn't forget about you.

HARLEY SOFTAIL CUSTOM PAINT TANK FENDER SET

You should be ok with decals. Plenty of soapy water, get the air bubbles out, and put them on straight. Also, put them on with the tank on the bike so you do get them on straight.

I kinda like the "no decal" look of these tins...especially on a NT. Try it without at first & see if you still want them on. Otherwise, decals will work too...let's see them installed.

Doug; Normally I think a HD tank looks a bit odd without a decal. I think your tanks can get away without them. I can't picture any HD decal that wouldn't break up the flow of the flames. Maybe think about having an Airbrush painter design something to fit the scheme? JMO. Nice looking tins any why you go.

Back