free website stats program HD Center Stand Return Spring | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Center Stand Return Spring

Hermanater

During installation we had to remove the Allen Nut and it realeased the tennsion on the return spring. We have LQQKed and spoken to sveral people including dealers and no one can help. Please fwd how we can reset the tennsion on the spring ...

We had to loosen the HD Front Center Stand Allen Screw That Holds the Return Spring Tension. Does anyone know how to rest the tension ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched several installation videos and it would appear that the springs (there are two) are much like the return spring on a garage door. If so you would have to turn the shaft the spring is around and preload the spring. When you have the required tension replace the screw.

Internal torsion springs like a garage door. I never thought about that until Don posted, and I looked at the assembly instructions. The spring is not even mentioned. Maybe if you Google "Harley display stand spring" you will get some information. If you enter "Harley center stand" you will get info about all of the aftermarket center stands for Harleys (the ones that lift the bike, not stabilize it.

I removed the center stabd and could not get it to reset. I tried to disassemble it there are two press pims I got one out but the other would not come out.

Back