free website stats program Have You Replaced or Modified Your Street Glide Mirrors? | Harley Davidson Forums

Have You Replaced or Modified Your Street Glide Mirrors?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
OK, so I'm a little slow. I just now figured out that the Street Glide is the only HD with a fairing that comes stock with fairing mounted mirrors instead of the handlebar mounted ones on Road Glides and all versions of the Electraglide. Even optimally adjusted, you still get a nice view of the back of your hand as well as what's behind you with this type of mirror since they line up almost perfectly with the grips.

How many of you have replaced the stock mirrors with handlebar mounted ones for better visibility? Did you remove the stock ones and plug the hole somehow or just leave the stock ones in place? Has anyone simply added the "fisheye" type round, stick-on mirror on top of the stock?

I'm using both on my UC. Fairing mirrors (convex) are angled out to give me a look at who is up on my side once that vehicle approaches enough to be out of the rear view mirrors.

TQ

Attachments

• IMG00154.jpg
    IMG00154.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG00155.jpg
    IMG00155.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 86
I'm using both on my UC. Fairing mirrors (convex) are angled out to give me a look at who is up on my side once that vehicle approaches enough to be out of the rear view mirrors.

TQ

Hey TQ - I hate to be a total pain but could you post a picture or two of how that looks from the front and a bit offset from the front? Did you consider black ones? I'm not really a chrome junkie so I'm thinking the black ones might be more subtle and not stand out so much.

most of my bikes have had mirrors that just plain (EDIT) you know the kind you buy 'cause they look cool who cares if you can see out of them as long as they look good :D So back to your question I love these mirrors they have that cool look but they work better than anything I've had in years :ap

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Hey TQ - I hate to be a total pain but could you post a picture or two of how that looks from the front and a bit offset from the front? Did you consider black ones? I'm not really a chrome junkie so I'm thinking the black ones might be more subtle and not stand out so much.

Dr. D,

I just happened to have these in "the pile". I think they were the original ones that came on the Sturgis ('91 Dyna). I did not really like only using the fairing mirrors, so I slapped these on. I have black ones on the Dyna.

Here are the shots from the front.

TQ

Attachments

• P5070181.jpg
    P5070181.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 84
  • P5070182.jpg
    P5070182.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 166
  • P5070183.jpg
    P5070183.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 93
  • P5070184.jpg
    P5070184.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 93
TQ - you da man! Thanks for the photos. I may have to wander around the dealership and see if I can get a good visual on the difference between the chrome and the black on a fairing bike. Right now I'm leaning towards the black ones if I do it.

Dr. D.,

I think black would look good on your bike since it is kinda stealthy now anyway. Question would be flat black or shiny?

Oh the dilemma!!

TQ

I actually took the stockers off my Ultra and installed the SG mirrors. I think it cleans some of the cluttered look from that whole fairing area and I can see out of them just fine.

I love the looks and functionality of the fairing mounted mirrors. I see perfectly out of them however...I get asked this question a lot so some people must have issues with them. Just Saturday I added the small stick-on fish eye mirrors so I can see whats right beside me. I like those too.

Back