free website stats program Hate my 09 Road King Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Hate my 09 Road King Seat

Love my Road King, but the seat feels like it is pushing me forward. I’m and old guy 70 and the position makes my hips ache.

Would any other seat fit, like a Heritage?

I only have the bike a few months. I went on a two hour ride today and it was brutal.

Not sure on a 09...But my 05 Electra Glide I have a road king seat, I use when riding solo. And when my wife rides with me, I put the stock seat back on. The stock seat is much thicker and more comfortable, and sits back further. It only takes 2 minutes to swap. So maybe an Electra Glide seat will work for your Road King.

no softy seat'll fit it.J&P cycles has a ton of seats,Mustang,ect.My dealer actually has a deal where you can ride on different seats,like loaner seats,to see how you like them.But only HD seats

I had a 09 RKC and put on touring seat. It was very comfortable and added width for my wife.
It was the Sundowner seat for the RKC with basketweave.
09 is a frame design change year and the seat front mount is different than the 08 and older.
Dealer should have loaner seats to install on your bike so you can find the right seat for you.

All touring frame seats '09 - '13 will fit. The touring frames changed in '09 and again in '14. The difference between Road King and Electra seats is a longer nose on the seat, still fits fine.

Thanks everyone for your help. I need to do some looking . My seat seems to have a angle to the part that rise up behind my butt. It also has ridges on the edge of the same area, like a sports car seat, to hold you in place. I’m wide in that are lol. Both of those things make me slide forward as I ride.
So I need to find a seat with more of a 90 degree angle at the back and without the ridges. I’m hoping to try the E G seat that will work so I don’t have to get a custom seat $$$.

Here is my seat . You can see the angle

Give these guys a call, they custom build your seat to your specification.
http://www.meancitycycles.com/
Thanks I will contact them. The website looks like they might be the answer.

Attachments

• B51604A1-6A53-4872-9CD0-24C410533C3E.jpeg
    B51604A1-6A53-4872-9CD0-24C410533C3E.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, after much procrastination and searching I decided to go with a Daddy Long Legs by Le Pera. It just came today. It is just right for me. It’s so good not to keep sliding around try to get comfortable. I also feel safer now I’m not getting hung up on the brake pedal.
I feel like the handling is much more relaxed. It was worth the money. I got a plane one , no backrest or stitching. Perfect for me.

Some pictures;

Attachments

• 61EEE0FC-165C-4A54-BFAF-3153AAF8C607.jpeg
    61EEE0FC-165C-4A54-BFAF-3153AAF8C607.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 85AE42C2-A99E-474E-8737-0BD1C21D1702.jpeg
    85AE42C2-A99E-474E-8737-0BD1C21D1702.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 20
Back