free website stats program Has se pro tuner been fitted correctly | Harley Davidson Forums

Has se pro tuner been fitted correctly

My 2008 Nightrain hasjust been fitted with a se pro tuner fitted today.When i bought the bike i had a stage 2 1690 conv fitted.I had a vh fuel pack fitted as it had vh sipons fitted at the same time and the se unit was not available at that time.When I collected the bike I spoke to the mechanic who was not aware that it was fitted with cams(service told him of the 1690 conv but not the cams).If he did not know what effect will this have on the bike.I know this unit is not the best but its fitted now i want to make the best of a bad deal.Iwould like some sound advice. Thanks

With the SE Pro Tuner, the bike needs to run on the dyno. If the bike was run on the dyno, then you have no worries. Was the V&H fuel pack removed prior to the SE Pro Tuner installation? Do you have the SE Pro Tuner fob? I should have come with a CD with the software also.

I hope this helps.

I guess you could also run the bike on a track and attempt to get the bike dialed in, but I think that is a poor second choice compared to running it on the dyno with a computer hooked up to it.

Thanks for the input the vance hines fuelpack was removed before the se tuner fitted.I was given acd and a dongle when i picked the bike up.As far as a dyno setup i was not aloud in the workshop you know what main dealers are like?The bike seemed to run strong but hit the rev limiter quickly.My last nightrain 2006 had 1690 stroker + 257 cams wirh se race tuner and seem to rev and accelerate a lot more it was quick.Perhaps i am expecting to much from this setup?

As far as a dyno setup i was not aloud in the workshop you know what main dealers are like?The bike seemed to run strong but hit the rev limiter quickly.My last nightrain 2006 had 1690 stroker + 257 cams wirh se race tuner and seem to rev and accelerate a lot more it was quick.Perhaps i am expecting to much from this setup?

It takes about 3-4 hours + to properly dyno tune a bike with a custom map and the price for the tuner and dyno tune should be in the $800+ area.
Add this to the time required for the installation and it should tell you if it was dyno tuned if you were waiting for it.

Just looked at the bill for unit inclusive of fitting it was £443 plus tax not sure how much this is in dollers but it had its first service which is free,however they said they wanted the bike for 2 hours to service and 2 hours to fit the tuner.I think i will look for someone who can dyno the engine.Hobbit seems to know his way around the dealers in england i think i will try and contact him.I am still learning how to use this computor.Thanks for the help this website is a great find thanks again.

Thanks mate I want to get it running as strong as poss and this is obviously the way to go.Any suggestions about who to use i read one of your posts about someone you used to dyno one of your bikes but i cannot remember where it was.The bike was collected by 8 ball custom paint for a new paint job and when it comes back i will get it sorted.Thanks to all you guys for your help i did not know who to ask for an unbiased opinion. Ride safe

I am based in Rushden 10 miles east of Northampton all of these contacts are in easy reach.I will make a few phone calls in the next few days spot on info

Its been a while since my post .My nightrain is in the shop i am having a 107 upgraid with headquarters heads and cams fitted before its dynoed should be picking it up in a few days it took a few months to decide what i wanted to do.I will post results of the dyno I have heard good reports of this conversion the heads look real nice.Once again thanks for the input

Deecon,

Thanks for sending me your dyno run sheet. 119.7 TQ and 109.5 HP are great numbers and I bet she rips your arms off. I think I'll contact HeadQuarters about their heads/cams.....they're quite a bit cheaper than Cyclerama and appear to be great people to work with.

B-1

I have not got the AFR readings to hand however i was there in the dyno room through the process. It was set up on a Superflow dyno and theAFR readings were identical all the way across the range.Boz the engineer/owner at Powerglides who did all of the work is a perfectionist and i know he got it spot on.It took about 4 to 5 hours to set it up and the result is twist the throttle and hang on.I wold post the dyno sheet but i am not good enough on this computor i emailed them to B-B1 guy but that is as much as i can do.It brings a grin to my face everytime i ride it.

Back