free website stats program Has anyone tried the new tires? | Harley Davidson Forums

Has anyone tried the new tires?

porkchop

I am wandering if anyone has tried the new Michelin Macadem tires that Harley is selling for the Dyna's. There hasnt been many options for the 17in rim and i am looking for a few more miles out of a rear tire.

I haven't tried them on my bike. But Michelin tires for cars are top notch. I used to work for Firestone and two 2 biggest high-end tires (touring tires) we sold were Bridgestones or Michelins. Michelin has a unique sidewall design and for some reason, seem to hold up really well and get lots of miles. I'd be curious to try them.

What do you have on your bike now? how many miles are you getting out of the tire? i heard that dunlop is putting out a tire that is a bit harder in the middle for wear but softer on the outer sides for grip. I havent read or seen anything on it, just heard about them

I have gone through a few K591s on my 06 FXDL and only got about 3500 per tire; switched to the Michelin and got about the same mileage out of them. Currently running a Metzeler Marathon 880; more mileage than on any other tire so far.

WOW!! only 3500 on a rear tire. You must be ridding with the front tire off the ground 90% of the time. I have 8,000+ on my 07 low rider and still have good tread.

I have gone through a few K591s on my 06 FXDL and only got about 3500 per tire; switched to the Michelin and got about the same mileage out of them. Currently running a Metzeler Marathon 880; more mileage than on any other tire so far.

I just put a pair of Metzler 880's on my softie.. great tires :)

I changed my first stock (Dunlap) at 9500 and wasn't quite to the wear bars, but it was going in for 10k service.
My current Dunlap has 5k on and looks good.
You guys must be heavy on the right hand or lots of twisties. Or maybe the roads here in Iowa aren't really that bad.

Not heavy on the throttle here! I am,however a big boy, and have gone thruogh several 591's and have gotten around 6k out of all of them. I have heard several people that say the Metzler 880's are worse on miles.

Back