free website stats program Has Anyone seen this Deluxe Driver Backrest? | Harley Davidson Forums

Has Anyone seen this Deluxe Driver Backrest?

I'm trying to find a source for this backrest. It looks like it fits the bar, or possibly a taller bar, on the back of the driver seat while maintaining the factory passenger pillion.

Thanks

DD

Attachments

• Deluxe Backrest.jpg
    Deluxe Backrest.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 163
You and I are in the same boat. I am relatively new to this forum and have an 09 Deluxe. I think it is one of the best Harley's. I much prefer the riding position to the touring models but the lack of a back rest is hard on my 64 year old back. I assume that you don't want to add a big puffy touring seat that looks like it should be in your family room. Looking at the picture I am making an assumption that it appears to be too far back to have any real benefit unless you were leaning waaay back. I wanted support that would accomadate our normal riding position. My solution was a back rest support bracket from Firehouse Backrests. Google them. I didn't like their large pad so I asked if they would sell just the bracket. They will. I took the bracket and cut off the top hole position to reduce the height. After several trials I settled on a pad that is 7 3/4" wide by 6 1/2" high. It is 1 1/2" thick with 1" foam added. I got some leather from Langlitz Leathers and sewed up a real nice cover. I cut some sheet aluminum to cover the back and go around the bracket and it looks really sharp. Got alot of comments the first time I took it to the dealer last weekend. I will post a picture as soon as I can get the time.

To be honest, it looks like it would be just right as a backrest for me, at least for the way I sit when I normally ride. The biggest benefit, however, is that my wife, who is 4'10", keeps sliding forward. This particular pad actually looks like it matches the Deluxe tooling and we think it will give her something to rest her legs/knees/hands on to reduce sliding around on the passenger seat. We've raised the passenger pegs and installed floorboards, which helped some, and we may wind up changing the backrest from the Deluxe backrest (which seems to lean her too far back). Just looking at options and this backrest looks like it might work and I like the looks a lot better than all those other "popsickle stick" looking backrests.

Ps; I'll check out Firehouse, thanks.

To be honest, it looks like it would be just right as a backrest for me, at least for the way I sit when I normally ride. The biggest benefit, however, is that my wife, who is 4'10", keeps sliding forward. This particular pad actually looks like it matches the Deluxe tooling and we think it will give her something to rest her legs/knees/hands on to reduce sliding around on the passenger seat. We've raised the passenger pegs and installed floorboards, which helped some, and we may wind up changing the backrest from the Deluxe backrest (which seems to lean her too far back). Just looking at options and this backrest looks like it might work and I like the looks a lot better than all those other "popsickle stick" looking backrests.

Ps; I'll check out Firehouse, thanks.

Doctor, if you decide to get a different passenger backrest, I would be interested in your factory one. I just need one for a sissy bar pack. Thanks. :cheers

I just traded my 05deluxe with that seatback on it. I purchased an 03 springer seatback rail and got the matching cushion for it. Harley has 2 sizes tall and short i suggest the tall get the passenger pillion matching too. Just take off stock bar which the bolts will snap and get new bolts for the new bracket. Easy install.

Back