free website stats program Has anyone out there heard from RWB lately?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Has anyone out there heard from RWB lately??

STEVE07

Staff member
Super Moderators
I see Dave hasn't been on the forum since Oct.26.
Have any of you Florida folks heard from him?

I do remember that he sold his Dyna and bought a metric. Regardless of what he owns now I would still like to see him login and grace us with his southern boy ways. :s

Here is one of his last posts where he says he bought a Nomad.

Harley Davidson Community - View Single Post - 103 Torque

Hopefully we will see him back to share some of his knowledge which can be universally applied regardless of brand.

:s Indeed, I think he is on a couple other Forums also

He took a little heat at our last meet and greet (Jacks B'day) about the Jap bike. But he knew that would happen and I don't think he took it personally. I just think his interest is not with the HD crowd. I too hope he visits.

I've had some private emails with Dave. He has been mostly work busy, bike repair busy, and some health issues....

I often worry/wonder about him also. He always had good post about the Dyna class bikes. I think I have his email address someplace.....going to see if I can find out anything.

I often worry/wonder about him also. He always had good post about the Dyna class bikes. I think I have his email address someplace.....going to see if I can find out anything.

POST back please your findings.... Tell him WE Miss Him......

ANY ride is a GOOD Ride.....:newsmile106:

signed....BUBBIE

I sent an email out to him early this morning from my work email address, maybe by in the morning I'll have some news to report back with.

I got a reply to my email to RWB this morning. Since he said it was ok to forward it I have done so.

Hey Billy, I don't remember your forum name right off, but to answer your questions, yes both my wife and I have had some health problems (and also some other family issues outside my wife and I).
Actually if I remember correctly, the last few months of last year I had started working again a few days a week and I was getting online less due to my work, play and sleep schedule. Nothing against the forum, I liked all you guys on there. In fact I haven't been on any of the forums I belonged to (and there were quite a few) since last year. With the exception of a Kawasaki forum that I frequent only bout once every 2 weeks to keep abreast of any issues with my current bike.
To be brief my wife and I have had a few changes, my wife's health comes and goes but the past yr her energy level has decreased quite a bit. And I developed an issue with my left knee. It's an old football injury but as I get older it's deteriorating and it got so bad I had to quit working. Some periods during the past 7 months, I go anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks at a time without being able to walk any further than the couch to the bathroom. And of course even worse I can't ride my scoot during those times. Even when it gets better I can't walk far, maybe a trip to Walmart at the most.
I'm just getting older and things aren't holding up as well as some folks my age. I've had a MRI and Xray at the Veterans Hospital and as soon as I can get some of my other affairs in order I'm going in for a knee replacement later this year. The Veterans surgeon said the current knee is not salvageable and I need a total replacement.
Bout all I know to tell you buddy, ain't nothing an old redneck like me can't handle lol. I just got my own way of dealing with things, I kinda pull in the reins in some areas when things get rough. But then I guess everybody's been there done that one time or nother. I still visit my old (local) Marine buddy bout once a week, and I've got a couple friends in the combats Vets MC here in Florida that I see every now and again, but haven't been doin any ridin with um due to the knee.
You can tell anybody that might have asked about me the above info or just forward it to them. I can't imagine that many folks being concerned over an old boring character like me (lol). But if they ask you can tell them I wish them all the best. I just ain't felt like participating in the forums much lately, kinda hard to explain any further than that, but life has other things on my plate right now. I have blood family members on facebook so I get on there bout every 2 days, but only for bout 5 mins and then I'm off.
But I ain't got no real complaints, life is pretty good to me considering how some folks have to live. You guys take care and carry the torch. Maybe next year if I can walk more (and ride) then who knows what I will get into again.
Sincerely Dave (R_W_B)

If you have any future contact with RWB send him my best wishes and i hope to see him here again soon

Brian

Back