free website stats program Has anyone else ever noticed this ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Has anyone else ever noticed this ?

Cruzin Papa

Maybe this is just me, maybe I'm nuts. But I have noticed that I like left hand curves better that right hand curves. I don't have a clue why but I just fell more confident going through a left curve. I'm right handed, and I keep my wallet in my right rear pocket. Wonder if that could have anything to do with it? Just wondering if anyone else ever noticed this?:57:

Probably the weight of the wallet with the contents pulls you over more on a right turn. Buy some more chrome and try it again :D

Im a lefty and i feel better going though left turns also .. most guys i ride with say the same thing.. but i only notice it when going slow at speed doest matter to me

In a left curve at least a hard one the thottle hand is up and moving away as you steer and roll down on throttle.
In a right one throttle is on low side presure is toward you as you roll down on the trottle.
May have something to do with it just a thought
Hmmm I am opposite I use counter steering so in a left hand turn I press down on the throttle hand and the bike just drops..I think I prefer left hand turns because I am right handed and I tend to drop the bike down faster and lower with better control with the right hand. I think I am explaining this right?? :small3d023:

Actually, it is caused by the rotation of the earth and depends on which hemisphere you are in.....sorta like the water in the toilet bowl!! :small3d031:

Its only tru in the US.... because you have more ROOM when making a left hand turn, then when making a right hand turn.

Your confidence buids, and you end up using less of the rooom avaialable making left.... and you get better at them!

Hmmm I am opposite I use counter steering so in a left hand turn I press down on the throttle hand and the bike just drops..I think I prefer left hand turns because I am right handed and I tend to drop the bike down faster and lower with better control with the right hand. I think I am explaining this right?? :small3d023:

More or less correct, your dominant side subconsciously does this manouver with out the rider realizing it...:newsmile012:

Check out OSC MRC Tip of the Week :D

Back