free website stats program Harmon Karmon Player | Harley Davidson Forums

Harmon Karmon Player

wombat457

Does anyone have a Harmon Kardon CD Player on their bikes, or in their vehicle? If anyone does, can someone tell me how to make a music disc that the player will play?

I have a Harmon Kardon 7 speaker surround sound in my car and it doesn't want to play any of the music discs that I have made up. If HK wont or can't play my discs, no point in buying a system for the bike

HD had a downloadable manual on their accessory page for the HK units. I doubt that they still have it. I have a HK unit in my 2007 and remember there was a specific format/bit rate or some other tech term for burning a cd. I (think) I have it on my old computer and will try and fire it up later and find it.

I have had vehicles that would only read a certain brand of discs. So that could be the issue as well. Once I found the brand it would read, I just burned what I wanted on that brand. (I may have bought as many as I could at that time for my stockpile too.) :). But I am not sure if this is the case in your matter at hand. That truck would play nearly any disc that I purchased, but when I wanted to burn my 'mix' disc, that was when I discovered the problem. But, that was a long time ago, I would hope that the technology made some improvements over time, but it isn't sounding like it.

Not the answer to your problem, but I used a bluetooth -receiver plugged in the "AUX " socket in the front panel.
I used my mobile or a MP3 player ,to stream music to the HK.
Worked for me ,using Spotify and such , to make playlists .
I made plenty of discs in the past , but one player has no problem with it, the other had. I suppose the manner of burning ,makes the difference !.. Goodluck.

Well I spent some time reviewing EVERY document title I have on the old computer and nothing about burning a cd on a Harmon Kardon unit. What year is the vehicle that you are having trouble with the HK unit? Maybe I can find something out by searching year.

@Breeze3at

Thanks mate for the trouble you went to and sorry it seems like a waste of your time.

The HK is in my 2007 E350. I have tried burning discs as Audio and Data and neither seem to work in the car. I don't want to spend money on something for the bike if it also may not work.

I recommend you call Iron Cross radio , they repair the older Harmon Kardon radios and should be able to get the information on updates for it and format settings to burn a cd.

Back