free website stats program Harmon Kardon problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Harmon Kardon problem

ironmark

I like to use my Sanza MP3 most of the time because I don't have to carry CD's . My audio input was starting to short out & the right speaker was starting to krackel & have low audio . I checked with the HD dealer and I was looking at 2-4 weeks in the shop while the radio was shipped out to be fixxed . So I did some searching on HD Talking and found a thread about this problem which gave me enough info to do the repair myself . Taking the radio out of the RG was real easy and taking the face off of the radio was easy and the audio input was right in the front of the unit , after a close look there was 2 connections that were not connected & needed to be resoldered , after doing the repair all was good so I put the radio back in the bike & the tunes are back:guitar .

Am I understanding you correctly in that your MP3 had low audio? I'm using and Ipod, began well but now has very low volume, not sure if it's an Ipod issue or a radio issue.

Backroad make sure your cable is pushed all the way in. Had the same problem and I thought the ipod was junk for a few days.

Am I understanding you correctly in that your MP3 had low audio? I'm using and Ipod, began well but now has very low volume, not sure if it's an Ipod issue or a radio issue.

When I was riding I could only hear the left speaker and I could hear the right speaker krackeling , when I wiggled the cable plug at the audio imput jack the speakers would cut in and out & the audio input jack felt lose if you don't have any of these issues you may want to look at the Ipod . You may want to check and see if you have the stereo cable (plug has 2 black rings) for your Ipod .

Thanks for the input, will check these thoughts out with I get home this evening.....I knew there was a reason I liked this forum so much.:)

good call on being able to do this yourself :D
i would have ended up soldering the everything and making a right mess LOL

i usually get little balls of solder going everywhere and none where i want it perhaps one day ill get it right

Brian

Ok, so I went home at lunch and checked the cable, yes 2 black rings, verified cable all the way in on both ends and shook the cable back and forth (no movement) with no change...the only thing I did note is that when I go to increase the volume on the I-pod it goes about 2/3 way up and stops...is there a fix for this other than replacement?

Ironmark, just went back and reread thread, please accept my apology, didn't mean to hijack your thread and congrats on your repair.

Last edited:
Volume locked on ipod.

I just found this in my i pod manual, I haven't tried it. Manual is available for free on line.

To remove the maximum volume limit:
1 If you’re currently listening to iPod nano, press Pause.
2 Choose Settings > Volume Limit.
3 If you set a combination, enter it by using the Click Wheel to select the numbers and
pressing the Center button to confirm them.
4 Use the Click Wheel to move the volume limit to the maximum level on the volume bar.
This removes any restriction on volume.
5 Press the Play/Pause button to accept the change.
Note: If you forget the combination, you can restore iPod nano. See “Updating and
Restoring iPod Software” on page 61 for more information.

Last edited:
just a note i have had both speakers changed already due to bad speaker leads on my 09 classic dealer told they had a batch of bad speakers

Back