free website stats program Harleys in Media | Harley Davidson Forums

Harleys in Media

FLSTC01

So what's the best movie/television program/book you seen or read that prominently featured a Harley? Or, if must, another brand of bike.
I've always been a sucker for the movie Easyrider, even though as a film it's horrible.
The pilot for the television program Happy Days featured Fonzie on a Sportster but that was changed to a Triumph when the show was picked up for production. The network felt having him on a Harley was too aggressive. Obviously they've never listened to someone swear as they kick started a Triumph for the 211th time!:bigsmiley20:
So, what are your faves?

When I was a kid I use to like to watch the short lived TV show "Then Came Bronson" staring Michale Parks he rode a Sporster. I beleive it was in the late 60's.
Dave

There is a newer movie called hellride that has a cameo by Dennis Hopper. The main character and director was in a lot of the 70's biker movies. It is a pretty good one- I like it better than some of the cheesy 70's ones and there is a fair amount of gratuitous window dressing to keep you watching. I think it was produced by- the guy who directed pulp fiction- I'm drawing a blank. It left me wishing more people were doing bike movies these days. They have a good variety of bikes from antique Indian to exile style big tire bobber.Definately not for kids. If you get it watch the extra on the dvd about the bikes and the guy who consulted about the bikes.

Then Came Bronson was one of my favorites. It is very hard to find episodes on tape or dvd now. Anybody have copies?

Got to say it....Movie...Wild Hogs

I think that movie has done for MC sales what Urban Cowboy did for pickups. :D

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, granted the bike wasn't in every scene but (EDIT) that FXR AKA Black Death is just a BAD (EDIT) piece of machinery

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a newer movie called hellride that has a cameo by Dennis Hopper. The main character and director was in a lot of the 70's biker movies. It is a pretty good one- I like it better than some of the cheesy 70's ones and there is a fair amount of gratuitous window dressing to keep you watching. I think it was produced by- the guy who directed pulp fiction- I'm drawing a blank. It left me wishing more people were doing bike movies these days. They have a good variety of bikes from antique Indian to exile style big tire bobber.Definately not for kids. If you get it watch the extra on the dvd about the bikes and the guy who consulted about the bikes.

Quinten Tarrintino, haven't seen the movie you're referring too, I'll have to look it up.

Back