free website stats program harleys 259 cams | Harley Davidson Forums

harleys 259 cams

howell3

hi guys,,i am doing a new build on a 2007 ultra,,going with a 107 upgrade and stage 3 head work on stock heads with flat top pistons and 10:4 compression,,staying with harley parts,,,my question is will the new 259 cams be a good choice for tq or a after market cam be better,,i am not a aggressive rider and mostly under 4000rpm's...any suggessions

I'd check with Andrewsproducts.com, they'll help you with what you need and make sure you put in TORRINGTON cam bearings.:cheers

I have Andrews cams in my 05 Ultra Classic, It is best to pick a cam that will give you the most benefit in the rpm range that you ride in, But like said, Andrews is a good choice, if you call them and tell them what you are doing and what you are looking for they should be able to make a good recomendation for your application. Wow, also you are running some serious compression in that motor also, don't forget the compression releases.

yes i know there are other cams, i was just curious about this se259 cam,,looks like a good cam,,just woundering if anybody else was useing one in there bike or maybe heard of anyone,,thanks for your replys,,,
yes on compression releases also...

Back