free website stats program harley watch battery replacement 76b039 | Harley Davidson Forums

harley watch battery replacement 76b039

ihunt

anybody know how to replace the battery in this watch?I can fix my bike but the watch is 2 years old and stopped.I'm pretty sure the battery is dead and I can"t seem to get the back off and don"t want to destroy it in the process,my daughter would be pretty mad.the watch is black and silver with bar and shield & date.any help appreciated.

Take it to a watch service center. It is not that expensive and often if the battery is not the cause they will not charge for the battery.
Ken

There are certain watches that require a special tool to break them open. Not all watches are as simple as turning a screw. Like Kemo said just take it to anybody that sells a watch and they should be able to help you. Usually it's not very expensive.

i replaced mine but it was a dog to get the back off and then it had a plastic piece under the cover and battery was under that.from my experience i would take it to a watch place again hope this helps

Walmart Jewelry dept. Tell them you need a battery. If they dont take the back off, they'll give you the tool and walk you through it. Less than 1 minute total. They only charge for the purchase of the battery. I just did it last weekend.

As recommended - watch repair/jeweler's your best bet. I put a nice gouge in the back of my $pendy Bulova watch I got for military retirement with one of those little jewelry kit screwdrivers. Now I pay a little to have the experts swap batteries...

I dont mess with watch batteries, I have a H D collectable watch, I took it to SEARS and had the battery removed and back in the box:s

i tried walmart but they wouldn't do it because they don't sell them.I'll swing in the hd dealer and try them otherwise a watch place.Thanks to everybody for the advise just thought there might be a quick fix to my problem.

Back