free website stats program Harley Tubless Laced Wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Tubless Laced Wheels

J

Jack Klarich

221546d1323956662-2012-tubeless-spoke-wheels-img_0743.jpg

6699789.jpg
Picture 1 is the tubeless wheel, note the lip on wheel #2

Jack, I have looked at these things for a year at least but my local HD techs claim you still have to use tube tires on them.....how can I find for absolute certain what is what ???? Thanks for all your info, Don

I had spoke wheels once on a 1974 Kawasaki never since, especially with some of the problems discussed of failures if not properly maintained.....

I have a set of tubeless rims on the way as we speak. Now that I have the ability to do tire change myself. I will be mounting and balancing myself. When I took my rear wheel off and took it to the shop for new tire and tube, they scratched my outer sprocket pretty good and the tube leaks about 1.5 lbs per week....NO MORE TUBES!!!!

I would never run tubed tires, period. You can run tubeless tires on most rims for tubed tires, just need to seal the rims. As a matter of fact, those few bikes that come with tubes run tubeless tires with tubes. :confused: For further protection, add some Ride On sealant and forget about flats but carry a good plug kit and mini compressor for that unusual situation. Tubed tire rims can be DIY sealed for a few hours and about $15.

http://cyb.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/KTM/Tubeless/

Jack, I have looked at these things for a year at least but my local HD techs claim you still have to use tube tires on them.....how can I find for absolute certain what is what ???? Thanks for all your info, Don
Look at your wheels, if they have a lip they are tube type, if they are smooth with NO lip you can run tubless

Thanks a lot Jack! I liked the look of the smooth rims not knowing that they were tubeless. Now that I know they're also tubeless they moved way up on my list of things I want but don't really need. My wife won't be pleased.

Back