free website stats program Harley Tracks - Trail Update II | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Tracks - Trail Update II

mc2

Contributor
A couple of months ago, after 34,000 miles in a country the size of New Mexico there were known and unknown reasons I needed to make one more road trip.

At 38,000 miles I was enlightened to the need. I had objectives, but knew I must be open to a greater awareness of matters. My objectives were satisfied with some of the greatest pleasure and adventurous rides taken. The sorrow filled emotional experiences still have me in thought.

I am content with this part of a challenging opportunity, a quest, or an honorable obligation to be complete. An American enjoying the Spirit of Freedom and Adventure riding an American Motorcycle solo where none had been before, throughout the extent of Vietnam.

It may be a small country, but on two wheels it is an expansive and diverse network of trails through an equally diverse topography with the elements of nature challenging to the bike and myself.

Photos have been added to my Trail Update album for your viewing.

My remaining challenge is to do right with a book I am in the process of writing to detail the extent of my adventures and personal experiences.

I trust you will enjoy the photos & let us not forget how and why we have this freedom.

You were allowed to travel throughout the country with no restrictions whatsoever? Were you allowed to speak to the people freely and ask whatever questions you wanted? If you were then the country is making a dramatic change, which is for the good! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

You were allowed to travel throughout the country with no restrictions whatsoever? Were you allowed to speak to the people freely and ask whatever questions you wanted? If you were then the country is making a dramatic change, which is for the good! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

From your comments and questions I will say you would be suprised and amazed at the progress and development over here. Good to know you are please with that info.

I was free to ride anywhere in the country without question, but at times I wished I would have been restricted from entering some dilapidated trail! hahaha

Other than simple introductory comments I do not speak vietnamese, but found that whenever two people want to communicate there was a way to get points and understandings across. I stopped often and greeted many throughout the whole country and was always received in a friendly and hospitable manner. On this last ride even the police pulled me over to invite me for tea!

The little kids in remote places would always get a big suprise when I would pull over and break out some candy and share some laughs. They enjoyed that and I think the older ones around appreciated it also.

It has been one great adventure.

Thanks for sharing your adventure. I remember the kids were always fond of candy when I was there many years ago.

Back