free website stats program Harley parts price increase!!!??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley parts price increase!!!???

sanec1

:bigsmiley29:In April of this year I paid $150 CDN. for a fuel injection feed line for my 99 RK. Now the return line is leaking in the same place(at the tank connection). The part is coming from Toronto(possibly by limousine) for the unrealistic price of $272! Apparently Harley has adjusted their prices and if I had bought it a week ago it would have set me back $130. Huh?

My Indy mechanic apologized and explained why they had made the price change but I think I was in shock for a moment or two.

Hey Chris they wanted $50 US for the fuel line from the tank to the carb. Just a formed rubber hose. $3 dollars for a meter of fuel hose from Princess. Mind you it is not high pressure hose and no disconnects on it.

The end connections are Harley. I changed the o-ring at the tank for $2 but the leak is inside the nut at the tank. Looks like its not intended to be repaired. Like STEVE007 says in another post, its time to buy Harley stock.

For years I have been ticked off at H.D. for over charging Canadians. Deely imports makes money on every single pice or part that comes into Canada. I don't mind paying a little extra for exchange but they add on way more then necessary. I go to H.D. only as a last resort. If you want to see something go to a price list in the U.S. for that same part, just make sure you are sitting down.

Hey Chris they wanted $50 US for the fuel line from the tank to the carb. Just a formed rubber hose. $3 dollars for a meter of fuel hose from Princess. Mind you it is not high pressure hose and no disconnects on it.

Automotive fuel injection hose is just fine for use on either your carbed or fuel injected bike as long as the size is correct and bend radius is okay. Can also use "formed" hoses that have sharp turns already formed for a bit more and hunting through your local NAPA auto parts dealer.

Deely raised all Canadian pricing when our dollar tanked against U.S. Now that we are almost at parity again it will take 6 months or more for them to lower them.I wish I would have known about your problem I have been in Indiana and Illinois the last couple days,but I didn't bring my laptop this time so I haven't been online or I would have gladly picked one up for you.

That part came in and I thought I would follow up on this post. The return line is now made out of braided stainless. That explains the difference in cost. I guess Harley decided they needed to make sure they contain that wopping 2 psi of pressure! ;)

I try every chance I could to get harley stuff on Ebay, or Craigslist. Only use the dealer if its the last choice, way too expensive.

:bigsmiley29:In April of this year I paid $150 CDN. for a fuel injection feed line for my 99 RK. Now the return line is leaking in the same place(at the tank connection). The part is coming from Toronto(possibly by limousine) for the unrealistic price of $272! Apparently Harley has adjusted their prices and if I had bought it a week ago it would have set me back $130. Huh?

My Indy mechanic apologized and explained why they had made the price change but I think I was in shock for a moment or two.

Can't you order online like to Chicago Hd..or Surdyke online...are am i missing something.

The shipping kills us and if UPS'ed they charge a brokerage fee. I emailed a guy on eBay asking him why he figured he had to squeeze us so hard for shipping. He said that it was a lot more work, had to fill out 4 forms, drop the package off personally at the post office etc etc. and then he said that he was a transplanted Canadian living in the States. I don't know how some can ship at a resonable price and others cann't. I ship my parts to my buddy in Mi. or wait until we go to Florida for the winter. If I bid on something on eBay and want it shipped to Canada I always first check the shipping price. Some dealers even say they are going to stop shipping to Canada because of the hassles. Things can also get tied up in customs and if that happens we usually end up paying taxes on the item.

Back