free website stats program Harley needs Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley needs Help

TT Harley

Hi wonder if anyone can help please I have a 2003 electra glide ultra classic have only had it for 2 days and it has brokendown :bigsmiley29: got it from the local Harley dealer they have had it for a week now and can't seem to find the problem :bigsmiley29: The bike was running fine it was switched of for a few mins. and when tried to restart it was only running on one cylinder :bigsmiley6: .They think it is an electricial problem with the wiring to the injectors but they are not sure and I think they are just guessing now . Can anybody please tell me if they have had this type of problem :5:

It has to be determined first if it is a fuel or ignition problem before anything can be fixed. From there it shouldn't be hard to effect a repair, other than that it's only guessing at this point. See if there is spark to that cylinder and if there is, then check the injector wiring to see if that is OK.

You would think that a dealer could find the answer to most any problem in a weeks time. :s I wish I had a good answer for ya but .............. Any way I sure hope that they find the problem for ya sooner or later. I guess it will be LATER now though, won`t it? :D

yep it should be but its not working out that way. They have said the spark could be stronger but also there could be a problem with the wires to the injectors they are now going to check they wiring back to the E.C.U. all I can do is wait and see but thanks anyway will let you know what happens ....... !!!

Back