free website stats program harley lets me down again | Harley Davidson Forums

harley lets me down again

bigdaddy2

last september bought new Ultra limited. Found huge issues with info tainment system. Agreesively called and called and heard the same old story. Put in a different GPS system because the one in it is so terrible, although harley was assuring me there would be fixes in the august update. Good thing I put one on because guess what no updates to fix the issues. On my bike trip this summer my infotaimnent system went black on the screen for over a 100 milse no music no nothing. good thing I put another gps on it because I was in another country. Still no fix on the text messaging either. I would love to hear if someone else has gotten that to work. Ive been a haarly guy forever, some may think Im just wining but for that kind of money the quality and support should go in before the name goes on. Probably time to start looking for a different bike, I usually get one every 4 years, maybe a Indian, Victory who knows what

My theory has always been when Harley works out the bugs is the introduction of a new and improved model. You may see a running change of Harley's replacement parts during a model run but not normally a recall to repair effected models. As we get more and more away from the basics of motorcycles and become 2 wheel computers like cars are 4 wheel computers there is a higher reliability factor but failure can leave you dead in the water. You are probably going to have to find a dealer that can help you and if this is the worst problem you have maybe your faith in Harley will be restored....

Unfortunately, I think you'll find owners of other bike brands have similar issues (whether USA made or Japanese, etc). I had a Honda, and it was pretty much trouble free. But go check out the Honda forums. Plenty of issues and complaints about the manufacturer and dealers too. I do agree that Harley should be the leading example of how a manufacturer should treat their customers though-- especially for the price tag. And the "well, they have stockholders to answer to" doesn't hold any water with me either. Making a quality product and standing behind it will pay dividends well and above saving money by not doing recalls when necessary, or not servicing claims properly. Stock will go up from repeat business and reputation alone if they put in the effort. I think I hear "God Bless America" playing somewhere in the distance...

Unfortunately, I think you'll find owners of other bike brands have similar issues (whether USA made or Japanese, etc). I had a Honda, and it was pretty much trouble free. But go check out the Honda forums. Plenty of issues and complaints about the manufacturer and dealers too. I do agree that Harley should be the leading example of how a manufacturer should treat their customers though-- especially for the price tag. And the "well, they have stockholders to answer to" doesn't hold any water with me either. Making a quality product and standing behind it will pay dividends well and above saving money by not doing recalls when necessary, or not servicing claims properly. Stock will go up from repeat business and reputation alone if they put in the effort. I think I hear "God Bless America" playing somewhere in the distance...

Nicely Worded!
Think I did hear some music in the background there! :D

I think your right maybe an Indian or a Victory would be perfect. You have certainly let us know in 10 posts or so that you hate your Harley. We all love ours, thats why we are here.

just my opinion, I have 2 Harleys which I enjoy riding and working on very much. I don't need any unnecessary electronics,both are carbureted, as my pipes are my stereo and my gps is when I see a road I want to take I take it. my road trip bike is a heritage softail which to me is very comfortable. I load up the saddle bags, strap more stuff on the back, and take off. I have owned other brands of bikes over the last 45 years, but have had Harleys the past 20 years and will never go back to another brand

just my opinion, I have 2 Harleys which I enjoy riding and working on very much. I don't need any unnecessary electronics,both are carbureted, as my pipes are my stereo and my gps is when I see a road I want to take I take it. my road trip bike is a heritage softail which to me is very comfortable. I load up the saddle bags, strap more stuff on the back, and take off. I have owned other brands of bikes over the last 45 years, but have had Harleys the past 20 years and will never go back to another brand

My thought has always been that we ride our bikes to get away from it all and relax and recharge... I can not for the life of me understand why we need all the elctro gizmondry to over complicate our relaxing and get away time. Part of the charm for me is to interact with the locals if off course or just use a map. And I do not mean a push button map on a I-phone either, but a paper map. :shock

My thought has always been that we ride our bikes to get away from it all and relax and recharge... I can not for the life of me understand why we need all the elctro gizmondry to over complicate our relaxing and get away time. Part of the charm for me is to interact with the locals if off course or just use a map. And I do not mean a push button map on a I-phone either, but a paper map. :shock

I have flashing turn signals on my bike the fact that they self cancel is just a wee bit too much electronics for me
I do carry a paper map book in the right side saddlebag but don't really need it in the UK but it is useful when I go to mainland Europe

Brian

Back