free website stats program Harley Dealers to quit selling on ebay and Amazon | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers to quit selling on ebay and Amazon

bcortani

I just made an ebay purchase from House of Harley of Milwakee. According to them, Effective January 1, 2012, Harley-Davidson® will not allow Dealers to sell on eBay and Amazon. Wow, that seems odd.

I just made an ebay purchase from House of Harley of Milwakee. According to them, Effective January 1, 2012, Harley-Davidson® will not allow Dealers to sell on eBay and Amazon. Wow, that seems odd.

Reminds me of when the MOCO told the dealers they could not sell after market parts like Drag and such

I agree that there is a lot of scams out there on ebay, but if you don't impulse buy and check viewer feedback, and the dealers always list their dealership email and business ph#, then you can get some pretty good deals. I saved about 35% when I bought my Genuine HD stock oil filter from a dealership in Indianna over the nearest (4 hrs away)local dealership here. It is always a "buyer beware" world out there online. It just seems odd that the Moco would care what medium the dealerships use to sell off thier overstock or other items that may not be moving in their area.

They'll change their minds when they see sales revenue decline. I think HD parts purchased directly from HD dealers on ebay are legitimate. I know I can purchase on ebay from St Paul HD and even with S&H charges save about 20% on what it costs my from local HD dealer. Been there, done that on several occasions.

i agree with above as long as its a real dealer .. its real parts esp when they come in the hd package

Bud, I like your signature quote, is that from a song or a story?Almost reminds me of Steven Kings Dark Tower series...but its beens so long...

I agree that yes there are scams on ebay,but there are lots of honest sellers and alot of good deals to be had if you purchase with caution.I have bought and sold many items on ebay and have never been scammed and as a seller I have 100% positive feedback

I agree with Steveo7, if you check the seller and have good communication ebay can be a safe place to buy. I can't see the dealers not being mad with this edict from the MOCO. Sales are sales, if the parts are purchased from the MOCO how can they dictate how the dealer sells them???

Does this mean they'll shut down places like J@P, Dennis Kirk and M@M also?

How could they all they can do is not sell hd parts to them .. theres so much aftermarket stuff out there i bet it wouldnt even = a 5% loss

Back