free website stats program Harley-Davidson stops production | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley-Davidson stops production

gator508

Experienced Member
I guess ya'll have read that HD has ceased production in the US and at least one overseas plant (India) due to supply chain issues. Sounds like HD stock is gonna take a hit. Call your broker!

I read about it last Friday about the York plant suspending production for 2 weeks and than yesterday was another article on it.
We own a auto repair shop and these last two years have been hit or miss on parts, and seems to be getting worse for the most basic things like filters .
The HD situation isn't really going to affect me as I have my forever bike and don't plan on the dealer doing any service for it. I guess with my past experience at the local dealer it wouldn't matter if those doors remained locked.
Sorry I seemed to get off track sometimes.

Don't blame you for venting, it's gotta be frustrating not to be able to rely on a supply chain when you need it for your business. One of these days maybe!

I got a call from Mobile Bay-HD they were asking me if I still had my 08 softail, they were fishing for a trade in sale. I think business must be really slow.

I hadn’t heard re Harley stopping production, but this is what you get when you rely on China sourced anything. I own a transmission repair shop and electronics have been on forever back order. Same with replacement dual clutch items and CVT transmission parts.
I wish I had the answer, but Biden and crew wouldn’t listen one bit to me

I got a call from Mobile Bay-HD they were asking me if I still had my 08 softail, they were fishing for a trade in sale. I think business must be really slow.
I don't know,I was doing a little fishin,and they've been quoting me list prices.This from a guy I used to save thousands with.

Depending in how long production is shuttered the prices for our steeds may increase considerably:)

Back