free website stats program Harley closed down? | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley closed down?

Stormrider51

A friend told me today that Harley has temporarily shut down production due to a major decrease in sales. I know that sales in the last quarter have dropped 15% but I can't find any info to confirm that they have stopped or cut back production. Does anyone have the real skinny on this rumor?

John

A friend told me today that Harley has temporarily shut down production due to a major decrease in sales. I know that sales in the last quarter have dropped 15% but I can't find any info to confirm that they have stopped or cut back production. Does anyone have the real skinny on this rumor?

John
I heard this on Brian Williams news, on NBC a couple nites ago. No
real surprise, many co's are cutting production, mostly due to the economy.

Question?
I have received the check from the ding-dong's insurance company that rear-ended me. Heading to the dealer on Monday to order the rear feneder. Do you think the production slow down will effect the order of my rear tin?:yeahright

My guess would be that you will get one out of inventory. Probably too early for the parts inventory to be impacted by the shut downs.

The shut down was in the York and KC Assembly Plants. Press about it and word from Union was only affected new bikes coming off the line. In addition, it was a one-week shut down which I believe is now over meaning they will be back to work this coming week. H-D was trying to slow down inventory of new bikes coming off the line since they are revising their annual sales in units down. Do not believe this has anything to with parts or accessories.

I think they had to close to see what they are going to do with the Rocker:D :55: its just a guess tho! I hope they can it IMO:dknow

Last edited by a moderator:
Back