free website stats program Harley 56079-93T Handlebar Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley 56079-93T Handlebar Question

The_Q

I'm looking to put some mini apes on my '04 Sporty. I really like the look and height of the '06 - 09 Street Bob bars. The Harley parts catalog shows a part number of 56079-93T. I have searched the Internet and asked my local dealer, but I can't seem to find any info on whether these bars are drilled for internal wiring or not. The '06 - '09 Street Bobs have internal wiring and that is what I want. Anyone here know the the answer to this?? Thanks

Thanks for the response. I'm TOTALLY against drilling the bars myself for the very reason you stated. I had looked at the '08 Street Bob pictures on the Harley site and could swear it looks like they are internally wired too. After a lot of Google searches I found a set of Khrome Werks (part #300051) bars that come drilled and are a replacement bar for the FXDWG bars.

ok the part number you list is for the FXDWG bars not mini apes for a sportster, these and the 06-08 mini apes will not be drilled for internal wiring.
The 06-08 streetbobs do not have the internal wiring it is a new thing for the 09's model.
you will need to get either a set of take off bars for a 2009 Bob or run external wires on the stock mini apes.
I am not a fan of drilling a set of 1" bars to internally wire them although it can be done and has been numerous times.
Get it wrong and the results can be disasterous with the holes weakening the bar to the extent it can break under load, get it right and the look is awesome.
Personally i would look into a set of bars Pre drilled from an aftermarket company.

The biggest mistake that people make is drilling where the bar has already been stressed from bending(fabricating) stay away from that and you are not taking anything structural away from it.

Back