free website stats program Hardcore Rain Riders! | Harley Davidson Forums

Hardcore Rain Riders!

dan_s28

This past weekend I took the kids to Disney World in Orlando. I left Savannah, Georgia Friday morning at about 8:30 AM. The tropical storm (Fay) was still beating up Jacksonville some. The rain and wind really picked up when I hit Brunswick, GA all the way through the other side Jacksonville.

You would think there would be no one on the road, but I saw many bikes! I could not believe it. I saw some around Brunswick and thought they were crazy, then saw some in Jacksonville also. I would guess between south GA to Daytona on Friday maybe 20 to 30 bikes total that I noticed in the northbound lane. There were wind gust of, maybe 40MPH - 50MPH and sustained of maybe 20mph?

What do you guys think about that? Any of you on the road Friday, down there?
Hated passing all the stores in Daytona and not being able to stop.

Was a great trip but a little wet.

-Dan

That is what is wrong with having schedules and reservations. You gotta be there. I have ridden in the rain, proved that I can and now I don't have to ride in the rain if I don't have a schedule.

I agree with you guys, but this was a tropical storm!
I'm military (army) so I think you should ride in rain or sun.
Umbrellas are for the air force!

-Dan

I was riding Friday down in south GA. I rode from Ashburn to Macon and back (work). I have only drove my truck 3 time in the past 4 months and 2 of the times was because I had to go by and pick up a bunch of crap for the house. Just throw on a good rain suit and take off.

I agree with you guys, but this was a tropical storm!
I'm military (army) so I think you should ride in rain or sun.
Umbrellas are for the air force!

-Dan

Yeah, us Air Force guys never fly in the rain to get you Army guys where you need to be or bring you supplies!

Wondered if that would get a rise from any air force.
I was active air force, before going active army...
4 yrs at Randolph AFB, jet engnie mech... back in... 89 - 93

-Dan
(GA Army nat. guard now)

Hey Doc

Where would they be without us AF guys, they would be eating bugs and throwing rocks :lolrolling

Dan, you worked on those butane lighter planes, I did the 119 box cars and 124 globe masters :D (3350 & 4360 P&W engines)

Yeah,
The J-69 Engine (T37) is like a lawn mower engine. Others were J-85(T38). Not very exciting....I was "In-Shop" also, so boring unless those nights I got to go out to test-cell.
But yes I am grateful to the pilot who fly me! Espeicially the C17 > out of baghdad pilots... they are my favorites :)

Hey combat controllers and etacs(or tac-ps) are kick ass too!

-Dan

Back