free website stats program Hard engine start | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard engine start

Hi friends: I have a problem and I really would appreciate your help. My Road King Classic 2007 had a small oil leak and I sent it to the dealer. They had to open the engine because they said that it needed more hi temp silicon. The leak problem was solved. But now I have an ignition problem. Sometimes, when I kick the start button the engine starts stumbling, misfiring and completely blackens the spark plugs as if it gets a lot of fuel that is not burned. I sent my bike back and the mechanic did the following:

He installed new and well calibrated spark plugs, 2) He checked air leaks in the manifold and everything was ok, 3) he checked the error codes and he found none, 4) he installed new spark wires, 5) he checked the tank air vent, 6) he checked all electrical connections. I have to say that before opening the engine it was working perfectly. The problem persists and it is specially noticeable when I restart the engine after a ride. It is not always present, which makes the problem worse. Any similar situation? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

Raul

I would be looking for an intake leak even thou it has been done being it does it when hot. Maybe they didn't experience it because it wasn't hot enough and it only happens when really hot like after a ride. Give it back to them to fix again if it didn't do it before they worked on the bike.

Did he run it and check for leaks with a liquid such as windex after he installed the new parts?

Did he run it and check for leaks with a liquid such as windex after he installed the new parts?

Congratulations Steve on getting Moderator status:small3d026::small3d026:

Windex??? How will that work. I thought you need wd40 to get an increase in RPM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dan,I think.My daughter told me everyone hates the mods on her forums:(

Back