free website stats program Hard Bags for Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard Bags for Heritage

Hey guys, I am thinking of putting some hard bags on my heritage. Which hard bags are better to put on a heritage, Ultra or Roadking bags? And how hard will it be to put them on? Any Ideas?

try these they are not actual hard bags but they are the cats (EDIT)in bags. I see them in laconia and i would say they are the best bags on the market. They are leather with support built in them. They had me stand on them and they never moved. (edge leather)
search for them i cant post a link yet.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee thought I was the only one thinking about hard bags for my heritage springer softtail. when you find them let me know

Try J&P cycles or Bike Bandit. They have a large selection of most everything. Good Web sites too... :D

I did a lot of research on bag options for my Fatboy as it's my primary mode of transportation, and I need room for laptop, etc. for daily commute.

I went with hard bags from Dyers Fiberglassworks mounted with Easybrackets. The bags were $469 shipped, and I paid a local shop $150 to paint them. Easy brackets were $150. IMHO, money well spent...

Quality of the bags if outstanding - thick fiberglass and while a little on the small side, they carry what I need. I fit a bike cover, rainsuit, laptop, medical kit, bungee cords, and lunchbag each day, and there is still room for small stuff. I can also fit my xxl kilamanjaro jacket in a bag (big coat) on one side when I get off. I wear a fullface, so can't say whether you could fit a half-brain bucket in or not, but I bet it would fit.

Best of all, I can take the bags off quicly and easily for cleaning or for cruisin' - simple twist of a key and lift em off. Takes about 10 seconds a bag!

I tried to post pictures, but evidently I have to have 5 posts before I can put pics or links in a thread.

Pics are available at photobucket dot com. My photobucket alias is Fatbaggster. You can search on "people" and you'll find my album.

RightSide.jpg

Forgive the new guy....
While I can't yet post links or pics, I was able to create an Album and upload pics. In-case you're interested.

The Dyers hardbags are some of the nicest I've owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a set of older Shovelhead dresser bags on my Softail. It was really simple. I just had to drill one new hole in the bag mounts to match the holes in my struts. I also fabricated a brace between the two sides to make things a little more rigid.

rearsmall.jpg

Doing the hardbags on my 98 Heritage with the Cyclevisions brackets..they come either black powder coated or chrome...Check them out...:cheers

Back