free website stats program Hard Bags for Deluxe - HELP!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard Bags for Deluxe - HELP!!!

Wikked

OK guys and gals I need some help. I'm desparately looking for a place to go for a set of hard bags for my 2007 Deluxe. I've seen this on a few bikes and I'd much rather go this route than leather. I have V&H longshot fishtails on my bike and don't forsee any clearance issues. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a photo of the bike.

Attachments

• 7154.jpg
    7154.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 64
I've got the standard HD Hardbags out of the catalog on my fatboy. Pricey but well made. Took about 3 hours to put on. The only issue is that they were made to work with the Shotgun exhaust, meaning they aren't very tall, and there would be a decent sized gap between the bottom of the bags and your exhausts.

Personally I went for the bags from Leatherworks. They have a 120 model with braiding and basket weave leather panels that look really sharp. I think around 5 or 6 for the set. I made nice water proof covers just in case. I was looking at the Harley hard bags made for the Deluxe and they looked funny. The leatherworks bags don't fall apart like the Harley Heritage bags do, and they are a great company to deal with.

Just go for it. When you are looking at hard bags then leather just isnt going to satisfy. Yes the gap is "larger" but whose to say its bigger than normal...we are softail baggers...we get to say whats too low and what isnt. I too like the Harley Bags, just wouldnt be right to put something different on. I am looking at extending my bags and rear fender for next years mods...but for now. I LOVE MY BAGGER.

MAX picture size is 800 X 600. Oversize pics will be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I've gotta go with NickS on this one, it's got to be hard bags or no bags at all. I've struggled with this because I do like the look of the bike without bags altogether but I think the bags could actually give it a really nice beefy finish on the rear plus give me some needed storage. I do like to take her on some overnights and quite frankly the sissybar adder bags really suck and don't add anything to look of the bike.

Here is one of my fav Deluxe's. With no fairing it is definitely BEEFY in the rear end. Reminds me of a woman I once dated....hmmmm....wonder where she went...ANYWAY thats for another day.

barebagger-1.jpg

NickS, I have a 2007 springer classic, and I just put some samson pipes on. I think the same as yours. are those hard bags from calvary? Also wondering what brackets you used to attach them. Would really appreciate any info you could give. thanks. The deluxe looks great.

Nick; Very nice, subtle look. Your bike is what I like to come across in a parking lot. Some small difference will catch my eye, then while looking over it I realize "That's a Softail, not a Glide". YOUR bike for sure.

Back