free website stats program Hard bags for a fatboy? | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard bags for a fatboy?

ImaRider

Been thinking of getting a bagger because I need storage of some kind. With over and under exhaust I don't have any idea if I could fit hard bags or how much they would cost. Got to be cheaper than trading in my bike though. Still trying to decide so any advice will be appreciated.

Of course I am biased but I would go with a bagger and never look back. Something about hard bags on a Fatboy just don't seem right to me. As one of our past members used to say "your ride, you decide".

As a fatboy is a softail perhaps the exhaust system from one of the other softail models would fit and allow for a larger range of bags

Brian

Of course I am biased but I would go with a bagger and never look back. Something about hard bags on a Fatboy just don't seem right to me. As one of our past members used to say "your ride, you decide".

like Bodeen said..yes including the biased part

but there is a lot of bags out there, if you do go for the bags make sure you get the ones that fit your bike good. there is a lot of cheaper ones out there that just don't cut the fat (ask me how i know). but they are not cheap be prepared to spend some cash and get what you want.

So whether I do a trade or just buy bags it is going to cost me probably more than I want it to? I am not sure I like the look of bags on a fatty. I do like the look of the bagger though. I can feel the pain in my wallet now.

I wouldnt trade it. Sell it out right. You'll get more money for it without a doubt. There are still some good deals on Craigslist and such. Barley ridden bikes at a discount the dealer will never pass on to you IMHO.
If it were me, I would have both a bagger, and a Fatboy, just sayin!

As much as I would like to have both, money and space don't allow for that. With the end of riding season for most this is a good time to start the process finding a good used bike.
I don't know if the bikes I see on Craigslist are intentionally set high knowing buyers will offer less, or if the sellers actually think their 10 year old bike is worth a few thousand less than a new bike. It is going to be a long process I think.

As much as I would like to have both, money and space don't allow for that. With the end of riding season for most this is a good time to start the process finding a good used bike.
I don't know if the bikes I see on Craigslist are intentionally set high knowing buyers will offer less, or if the sellers actually think their 10 year old bike is worth a few thousand less than a new bike. It is going to be a long process I think.

it could take some researching but it will pay off. i know a few people including myself that have found baggers and Fatboys way under what they are worth. keep plugging away you will find one, :)

If you think they are high on CL, dont even step foot into the dealership! The best advice I can give is to know what your looking for, the price you want to pay and be patient. Sooner or late it will come up. Dont let that $4k in chrome line of stuff blind you. Chrome resale is pennies on the dollar. Anyone who adds that price to the base price of the bike is either looking for a sucker or not wanting to sell his bike. Took me a year and half to find my bike. Not easy to do but, cash is king when dealing.

If you think they are high on CL, dont even step foot into the dealership! The best advice I can give is to know what your looking for, the price you want to pay and be patient. Sooner or late it will come up. Dont let that $4k in chrome line of stuff blind you. Chrome resale is pennies on the dollar. Anyone who adds that price to the base price of the bike is either looking for a sucker or not wanting to sell his bike. Took me a year and half to find my bike. Not easy to do but, cash is king when dealing.

I can afford to be very patient. I like what I ride now and if stepping up to a bagger happens I would be happy, if not I can live with that too. I have read a number of CL ads that almost sound like the seller is doing you a favor selling the bike he /she personalized to their liking. Frankly I would tell them to remove their upgrades and make it stock before I would pay an inflated price because of the mods.

Has anyone noticed that the HD website has removed msrp pricing on the bikes? They now say to see the dealer. Non of the dealer web sites have pricing that I found locally. Is this some new marketing strategy to fleece us? We don't have a baseline from the manufactuer to gauge how the local dealer is charging.

Back